Got A Couple Of Blackies

arpie

Hi guys

Went to the wall yesterday & used my Sydney Weed to excite a few fish - with Keith being away, I am just fishing for fun, so when I hooked up to my first fish, I gave it to Eddie (one of the regulars.)

A new face on the wall, Robert (from Sydney northern beaches area) was getting lots of hits before I got my first fish & he kindly gave me a couple of clumps of his weed, & I swapped back & forth from his to mine, till i got into the fish! I dropped about 3 & once again had the hooks straightened on 2! Perhaps I just strike too hard on the odd occasion?? I prefer to think that they were monsters!! I guess I should use bronzed hooks rather than the tinned ones (mustad 2x strong tho!)

Got onto a really nice fish, about 38cm, so gave that one to Robert, who was hoping to get into a couple for dinner for the family. However, it was not to be & instead of taking the one fish home, he gave it to another bloke who had just arrived, so it was a well travelled fish!! I put Robert onto the Fishraider site (gave him a card) so hope see some input from him soon!!

I will be tied up for most of next week, so today & Sunday will be my last chance to fish for a while ...... I must away & get into it!!!

Cheerio for now

Roberta

sounds like a top morning Roberta, sounds encouraging withthe fish sitting off the stones you gotta hope they come in though and don't move on!

As for your hooks try 540 viking hooks in the stainless or the tarpon style 7666 both in a size 8 also a beak or suicde hook in a size 8 get regualr weight hooks and 2X strong, suicide hooks being veryshort tend not to straighten out. PM me if you want the exact brand names of hooks and models i carry about 6 different models and sizes! :1prop::wacko:

Many thanks for that LA - because I lose so many hooks on the rocks here (up to 6 a session :1badmood: ) I tend to stay away from the more expensive hooks that I know a lot of the guys use - eg the nice green sneck ones!

I know some folk rave about suicides - I know I have a stack of them somewhere - will have to make up a few more traces tonight as I depleted my supply somewhat over the last few days!! i shall use the suicide & see how they go!

A buddy & I will go to Blueys beach on Sun & have a fish (weather permitting .... it has dropped about 10 degrees & sounds & smells like rain!!) I have only fished it once before with no luck, but he knows the spots & depths!

Can't wait for the biggies to come in!! :1prop::yahoo:

Cheerio

Roberta