Any Trout Anywhere

Yes Dear, I have been doing quite well at Wentworth Falls Lake pulling in 4 browns to a kilo in the last few days, the fish are few and far between at the moment with my fish taken on hardbody lures. The best place to fish is opposite the carpark, just stroll over the dam wall and there is a walking track that leads to the far side of the lake. good luck cheers troutboy :1fishing1:

Not me, apart from the one big Lyell Brown my sessions have been coming up doughnuts! Worst time of year anyway, Trout have other things on there mind! Give it another month and it will be very good.

There are a few other small lakes around that you can look at. Fitzroy Falls is only 2 hours away and it hold Rainbows (as well as Bass!). There a are also a few around the Goulburn region (not Pejar but) that may be worth checking out.

Cheers

Windy

Whats happened to Pejar used to get good trout there about fifteen years ago

There is another small dam a bit further west of Pejar but I cant remember what its called or the town its near

Pejar dried up Andrew, got water in it now but will need restocking. Be some Browns in it that survived I would say but.

Do you mean Crooktown?

Cheers

Windy

Pejar dried up Andrew, got water in it now but will need restocking. Be some Browns in it that survived I would say but.

Do you mean Crooktown?

Cheers

Windy

:074: Close Matt but it jogged my memory Crookwell

I suppose the creeks running through the private properties we used to fish dried up as well :mad3:

:074: Close Matt but it jogged my memory Crookwell

I suppose the creeks running through the private properties we used to fish dried up as well :mad3:

:wacko: Nearly got it Andrew! Remembered the Crook bit!!! Yeah, the Goulburn region copped the drought very badly so I suspect everything but the biggest waterways dried up.

Cheers

Windy

• 2 weeks later...

Just spent a very wet day at Lyell, in fact I think I spent more time sitting in the car listening the rain come down than actually fishing! Hit Farmers Creek arm first up and lost a solid Rainbow at my feet (damned net wouldnt clip off my belt and I ended up with some slack in the line, grrrr). There was a few fish rising out here early but it went quiet. Tried the main camping ground but didn't see anything moving but I suspect had the weather been a bit better there might have been a few fish around. In the end the rain got the better of me and my planned after dark excursion with the Fly Rod didn't eventuate.

Interestingly Mr Blue Green Algae has made a reappearance, anybody have any idea what triggers it? Doesn't seem to effect the Trout overly.

Chalk up one more Troutless session!

Cheers

Windy

Just spent a very wet day at Lyell, in fact I think I spent more time sitting in the car listening the rain come down than actually fishing! Hit Farmers Creek arm first up and lost a solid Rainbow at my feet (damned net wouldnt clip off my belt and I ended up with some slack in the line, grrrr). There was a few fish rising out here early but it went quiet. Tried the main camping ground but didn't see anything moving but I suspect had the weather been a bit better there might have been a few fish around. In the end the rain got the better of me and my planned after dark excursion with the Fly Rod didn't eventuate.

Interestingly Mr Blue Green Algae has made a reappearance, anybody have any idea what triggers it? Doesn't seem to effect the Trout overly.

Chalk up one more Troutless session!

Cheers

Windy

Hey Matt,

you seem to get up the mountains a fair bit to, are you a local?

when you dropped the rainbow what where you using.

Hey Matt,

the old man is still kicking. :tease:

when we fishing buddy? its been too long. call me when you finish doing that thing you call work.

:1prop:

Hey Matt,

Living in Sydney but originally from the Snowies so I love my Trout'en. Lyell, TCD and Wallace are a tad closer the Eucumbene and Jindy!

The Rainbow took one of my 'go to' Trout lures, a Rapala Vibrax Minnow Spin.

Cheers

Windy

"Wollondilly is a Notified Trout Water and closed at the moment I believe????"

Wollondilly is a Notified Trout Water above Tarlo River, Cox's above Little River, Kowmung above Molong Crk

I havn't heard much in the way of reports but if your down there don't hesitate to throw a line in

Edited by zook2001

• 1 month later...