Great Session On The Blackfish

Ross Hunter

It was a rather chilly start at 7am for Norm Jefferys , Mark Night and myself and as usuall I watched the boys catching them around me( one day, just one day I may given time, join their class)

The weather by noon was perfect 20 degrees and we were bathed in sunlight and the fish obliged by coming on the bite beautifully. A nice eddy formed and we all caught some great fish ( for me personally my best fish from the river. (38.5cm specimen)The final tally Norm 16 mark half a dozen and last but not least yours truly with five. But I did catch a personal best and that was good.

A superb morning session on the upper Georges............Ya gotta luv that. Sorry forgot the camera no pics

Roscoe

Well done, Roscoe!! That is a great tally - especially your pb! Don't the big ones go!?? Sounds like Mark & Norm really had it 'down pat' - it can be annoying when others are catching all around you ..... happens to everyone sooner or later (especially me!!) I find I fish better when I am on my own, as I concentrate more, rather than getting annoyed at others catching when I am not! You also tend to watch their float, instead of your own & then you surely miss your own downs!!

You got a great feed & a great fish, so that is all that counts!!

Cheerio

Roberta

Well done, Roscoe!! That is a great tally - especially your pb! Don't the big ones go!?? Sounds like Mark & Norm really had it 'down pat' - it can be annoying when others are catching all around you ..... happens to everyone sooner or later (especially me!!) I find I fish better when I am on my own, as I concentrate more, rather than getting annoyed at others catching when I am not! You also tend to watch their float, instead of your own & then you surely miss your own downs!!

You got a great feed & a great fish, so that is all that counts!!

Cheerio

Roberta

Roberta,

Your so right....but Norm (The Georges River Guru) has been fishing the river for 50 years and I am in my first year apprenticeship in comparison ..Mark's no slouch either, so when you get done by blokes of this sort of caliber there is no shame..It is a great way to learn by fishing with blokes that are geniuses of their craft....I am not watching their floats to morrow. Thanks for your kind report

Ross

I know what your saying Ross i 've been at tit since a kid and the old fella still out does me day in day out! :mad3: Drives you crtazy , same depth same rig no fish and the guty next to you whos your father gets a dozen, you either got it or you don't, i'll be heading up the river myself tomorrow as the tide stinks for the harbour and it rules out most spots in the local swims!

Great report and well done as well you got a feed, i like mine crumbed and shallow fried mmmmmmmmm tasty.

Cheers

LA :beersmile::beersmile: