Newcastle Beaches/lake Macquarie West

andrewp

G'Day all,

Just bought a house on the Western side of Lake Maquarie and getting a fish in on Monday and Tuesday, any reports from the fott accessable beaches around Blacksmiths (Swansea0 or from the Western side of the lake?

Best Regards,

Fishead

G'Day all,

Just bought a house on the Western side of Lake Maquarie and getting a fish in on Monday and Tuesday, any reports from the fott accessable beaches around Blacksmiths (Swansea0 or from the Western side of the lake?

Best Regards,

Fishead

Tried to reply last week sorry Fishead but the bloody phone at work kept ringing! :ranting2:

Plenty of sambos have been off most off the local beaches with some real stonkers amogst them (blacksmiths seem to be working well), Catherine hill bay rocks have been producing Trevally and some good drummer as well. At night, Salts Bay in the swansea channel is a favourite haunt for some real good breambo (try chicken breast) also under the Swansea bridge at dead low or high, any of the wharves aroud the lake are worth a soft plastic throw, about this time last year I nailed a 78cm lizard under fennel bay bridge right on the shadow line on a white squidgy wriggler. Ill be out of action for a month or so with surgery this week but give me a hoy and Ill be happy to take you out and about on the lake one day and show you some good landbased spots from the water. What type of fishing are you in to bait or lure?

Cheers

Geoff

• 2 weeks later...

G'Day Geoff,

Blacksmiths fired up well on Monday 13th late afternoon with 2 x Salmon @ 3kg & 3.25kg and Bream 2 x Bream @ approx 950gm each, plenty of small Chopprs around as well.

Tuesday 14th morning at Stockton Beach from 0600 -0900 fished ok with good sized salmon again in the 3-3.5kg range and chopper tailor. Spun up a couple of choppers from Newwie harbour break wall (nthn side small break wall half way along - I'm sure it's got a name!)

Use mainly baits from the beaches and sp for the breakwalls and lakes.

Hope your back in action soon and any opportunity to get out and scope out new locations is allways appreciated.

Best Regards,

Andy

Tried to reply last week sorry Fishead but the bloody phone at work kept ringing! :ranting2:

Plenty of sambos have been off most off the local beaches with some real stonkers amogst them (blacksmiths seem to be working well), Catherine hill bay rocks have been producing Trevally and some good drummer as well. At night, Salts Bay in the swansea channel is a favourite haunt for some real good breambo (try chicken breast) also under the Swansea bridge at dead low or high, any of the wharves aroud the lake are worth a soft plastic throw, about this time last year I nailed a 78cm lizard under fennel bay bridge right on the shadow line on a white squidgy wriggler. Ill be out of action for a month or so with surgery this week but give me a hoy and Ill be happy to take you out and about on the lake one day and show you some good landbased spots from the water. What type of fishing are you in to bait or lure?

Cheers

Geoff

G'Day all,

Best Regards,

Fishead

HAVE BEEN TRYING JUST OUTSIDE 1or2 Kays off swansea can anybody help we are new to lake macquariejava script:emoticon(':wife:', 'smid_20')