Discounted Insurance For Yamaha Users

achjimmy

Hi All

FYI

I just insured the new (S/H) boat. The dealer suggested checking out the new YMI (Yamaha Marine Insurance) that has just been released. The premium on my boat was $80 cheaper than similar quotes from NRMA & Nautilus. I checked the PDS over and it seems okay, underwritten by Holland (?) and managed by Nautilus.

Some nice features were agreed value, only new genuine Yamaha parts used on claims. Allowance to take boat for service even if during “lay off” months, and optional gap insurance for those with finance.

Only available to boats with Yamaha motors.

Anyway make what you want of it I am not trying to sell it to anybody just let them know that on face value it seems a good deal.

Hi All

FYI

I just insured the new (S/H) boat. The dealer suggested checking out the new YMI (Yamaha Marine Insurance) that has just been released. The premium on my boat was $80 cheaper than similar quotes from NRMA & Nautilus. I checked the PDS over and it seems okay, underwritten by Holland (?) and managed by Nautilus.

Some nice features were agreed value, only new genuine Yamaha parts used on claims. Allowance to take boat for service even if during “lay off” months, and optional gap insurance for those with finance.

Only available to boats with Yamaha motors.

Anyway make what you want of it I am not trying to sell it to anybody just let them know that on face value it seems a good deal.

Did you notice if automatic 10 million public liability comes with it (compulsery for my club)

like nrma offer and if can you add theft to your item's in lock up cabin... just wondering if that

made up that $80 differance or not.........

Cheers Warnie

Hi Jimmy, good advise and thanks for posting. I think Yamaha should be given a pat on the back for this. I know my mates in the industry who sell Yamaha use the YMF finance alot and I guess the insurance is just as attractive. Hopefully with this next boat you will not be needing insurance for a while.

Cheers,

Huey.

Did you notice if automatic 10 million public liability comes with it (compulsery for my club)

like nrma offer and if can you add theft to your item's in lock up cabin... just wondering if that

made up that $80 differance or not.........

Cheers Warnie

Hi ungry

Yep $10 mill public liability had to check but it says Goods locked up included to a total of $5k

Hi Jimmy, good advise and thanks for posting. I think Yamaha should be given a pat on the back for this. I know my mates in the industry who sell Yamaha use the YMF finance alot and I guess the insurance is just as attractive. Hopefully with this next boat you will not be needing insurance for a while.

Cheers,

Huey.

Hi Huey

Yeah Iam certainly hoping i dont need it to, it was a bit hard to change from the NRMA as i thought the service they gave me on the claim was fair. But the diff to the NRMA was even more and the NRMA excess was double, time will prove me wrong or right.

Hi Guys,

so where and who should i contact for YMI???

i am trying to get cover for my boat.

thanks

try a yamaha dealer, it is pretty new so not al may be onboard, or Pm me and i will send you details of person who organised mine, they can quote vis email.

Hey Jimmy,

Does your insurance cover other drivers of your boat :074:

Good point i never checked, dont need to worry about FiL dont think he will ever be game to have another go.

I hope you are laughing about the bingle with your last boat by now.

Lata Raida.

Waynie

Yeah i came out of that ok and ended up with a better boat so all up Iam happy. Just gotta find time to get out and use it :(

Edited by achjimmy