Beaut Morning, But No Squiddies

damariboyz

Hi Raiders

4.00am start and straight to Clifton Gardens wharf. Arrived at 5.15 to a lonely wharf not a soul, or Squid. Oh well, it was great just being at the salty stuff. The Squid would have been a bonus, but at 6.45 it was time to get to work.

Geez it was hard to drag myself away. Might be a blessing to not get a Squiddie otherwise I may have had to ring in a sickie.

That old fella had me shivering in my beanie though, I dont think I could swim in that winter water like him. Good on the old digger for keepin fit.

His old mate the Kelpie keeps an eye out for him.

PS... Used #3.0 and #2.5 Lumo Squid jigs.

Russ

yer.. squid at clifton is hard to get.. ive only ever seen one caught there .. and that was a southern..

apparently its over fished at clifton so people dont really try there anymore .. i wouldn't blame them...

haha and the old guy who swims EVERY MORNING IN THE FREEZING WATER! i just gota say good on him hahah seriously.. i feel numb when i see him just casually walk into the icy water in the morning.. maybe hes got no feeling left in him :S?

Edited by Shant

Russ

What type of squid do you normally get from the wharf? :biggrin2:

Ceph I have only caught 2 Squid, :biggrin2: in the pool they were Southern squid and big as well. Around 40cm both of them in a space of 10 minutes. When I got the second one it was followed by his girlfriend but I let her go to make more Squid :yahoo: Jus jokin I cant tell one from the other. There's a thought, should we start throwing the lady Squid back and if so how do we tell the difference.

:1yikes: Do we look under her mantles or peek up her hood :074:

Good fishing to you all

Russ

Edited by damariboyz

I rekon , good on the old bloke, been there every time i have! , and thats ALOT :1prop:

Ceph, i have caught arrows , southerns and cuttles off the wharf. So many people try in summer it can become a bit of a chore, but the cuttles are always ready to take jigs :biggrin2: