Quick Botany Report

mottyman

Hi Guys and Girls,

After a long break from the water Geoff and I got out for a fish today.

We were expecting terrible wind this morning but it wasn't too bad so we headed south off the lighthouse and bottom bashed for...well, not much. Just a Cod.

We then moved in under the cliffs as the wind was picking up and got on the pick. In seconds the trail was full of quite large yellowtail. We kept a few smaller ones for livings and the rest just kept going back.

I tried to get away from them by using bass minnows thinking there must be something else under all these buggars, a reddie, a bream, a trevor - anything ... guess what - bigger yakka. They were inhaling the bass minnows one after the other tail first right down to the jig head.

So... after playing with them we decided to move on and put some of the smaller ones down. Not a touch all around the cliffs, Mol Point or anywhere else for that matter.

From there we just fished our way around the bay for one lonely keeper Flathead for Geoff and a Banjo Shark.

In all it was nice to be on the water but no fish no matter how hard we tried.

I even went the regulation sandworms for a million little touches and nibbles but no fish. Small whiting I'd reckon.

Anyway, that's it.

See you all at the Social with Andy and Geoff. :biggrin2:

Cheers

David.

Edited by mottyman

Hi Guys and Girls,

After a long break from the water Geoff and I got out for a fish today.

We were expecting terrible wind this morning but it wasn't too bad so we headed south off the lighthouse and bottom bashed for...well, not much. Just a Cod.

We then moved in under the cliffs as the wind was picking up and got on the pick. In seconds the trail was full of quite large yellowtail. We kept a few smaller ones for livings and the rest just kept going back.

I tried to get away from them by using bass minnows thinking there must be something else under all these buggars, a reddie, a bream, a trevor - anything ... guess what - bigger yakka. They were inhaling the bass minnows one after the other tail first right down to the jig head.

So... after playing with them we decided to move on and put some of the smaller ones down. Not a touch all around the cliffs, Mol Point or anywhere else for that matter.

From there we just fished our way around the bay for one lonely keeper Flathead for Geoff and a Banjo Shark.

In all it was nice to be on the water but no fish no matter how hard we tried.

I even went the regulation sandworms for a million little touches and nibbles but no fish. Small whiting I'd reckon.

Anyway, that's it.

See you all at the Social with Andy and Geoff. :biggrin2:

Cheers

David.

A good report and a shame you didn't a few decent fish. Your session seems to be what everyone's having at the moment. You certainly persevered and in good spots too, so it wasn't for the lack of trying.

jewgaffer :1fishing1: