Narabeen Lake

mark84

Went to narabeen lake this morning started fishing about 7.15 using just a little bit of burley took the missus with me niggerin for the first time fishing for 5 min an i hooked my 1st missus got 2 1 after the other it then went a bit quiet for 30 min untill i got a couple more, nice morning wind picked up a bit headed off 10ish. it was good to catch a few but i was very edgy about the amount of downs i got without a hook up. thats darkies for you though. the weed i used was from sth curly.

post-5144-1186888099_thumb.jpg

hi mark

great feed of blackies there nice and fat :thumbup:

did you get them east of the bouy and did you try cabbage

might give them a go late this arvo

peter :1fishing1:

gday pete

i didnt use cabbage although i wish i had some the buggers just wernt grabbin hold of the hooks i must have had 15-20 good downs seveal the float went right down out of site hard and fast but the weed came up untouched :mad3: i actually went up between the carpark (where the markets are sometimes) and the bridge over those weedbeds (didnt have to get so wet as i was with my better half). have you been finding cabbage is what theyre after at the moment?

[]

hi mark

cabbage seems the go at the moment but if the weeds working stay with it

i find you get larger fish on cabbage but the ones you caught are good size for the lake

never fished the spot you mention is there any tidal run there

peter :1fishing1:

pete,

yea there is a run i got the last half hour of the making then it went pretty quiet at the top but when the wind picked up it made it hard it moved reasonably fast untill it was the change then i tried over near wolies carpark but there wasnt much action there i found last time the northen side of the bridge went ok on the run out but im only new to the lake so i am exploring a bit. when you say east of the buoy is that in the corner just west of the caravan park?? i think with cabbage they would have been more willing but i didnt get any i was wishing i did when i was losing today :05: anyway i just had a couple of fillets for lunch with a nice ale in the sun so how could i complain :beersmile: i was near a sign in the water but to be honest i didnt even read what it was but its about 20m south of the bridge.

Nice fat fish there, Mark! Well done! I had a go for a couple of hrs on Fri pm, with no luck. That darn wind was a pain in the rear end! Good to hear you have no probs finding weed! Can't wait for the biggies to hit the estuary here - haven't fished here for the last 8 days, so will be testing the wall tomorrow!! :1prop:

Cheers

Roberta

gday roberta,

i know what you mean theres nothing worse than getting ready to go and chase some fish when everything looks alright and then the wind picks up or turns on you. except for maybe going fishless on a perfect day and you stand there scrathing your head :wacko: anyway good luck on the wall tomorrow... :1fishing1: