Sydney Harbour 12/08

caine

was going to fish the bay but, left home at 0500 drove down the street and then noticed that scraping humming noise that can only mean ya bearings are gone to hell. :ranting2:

changed course to kissing point (as its closer and i didnt wanna change the bearings in the M5 tunnel)

made it ! wheels and all at 0530 :thumbup:

the wind was ripping, so glad we skipped the bay, harbour is better in the wind IMO

tried numerous spots and didnt get not 1 trevally. got a thousand big slimies and a heap of xos yakkas. on sps and pillies

tried fishing both slimies and yakkas as live bait, and only got one hit all morning.

im guessing it was a king..... one hard fast run busted my 30lb braid after about 10 seconds. :ranting2: would have been a good one too as the livie was about 30cm

came back at 1500 and i had a solo flick for some flatties whilst i cleaned up the boat, and the boys where kind enough to change the trailer bearings for me in the carpark... on ya fellas :beersmile:

whilst waiting to use the ramp i was cracking up at these guys reving the crap out of there engine trying to reverse there boat of the trailer for 1/2 an hour......even from 30mtrs away in the boat, i could tell he hadnt unchained the boat at the winch.... :biggrin2: 3 guys where pushing it and all :tease:

all in all a crappy day but its always an adventure :thumbup: beats working!

PS water rats are pulling up people for speeding under the harbour bridge. NOWAY WAS I DOING 15KNOTS i dont think my boat goes that fast.

well done on getting out there even if you didnt manage to come home with some decent fish. did you keep any slimies for future slab baits?

Yeah i did and have before but never done that well on them

Hey caine

i also went out today, it was pretty windy when i was out. Shame the bigg something reef'd you though :05:

if you dont mind me asking what area were you catching the slimies? havn't caught one for years!

got slimies all over, most prolific at the wedding cake