Darwin Barra

Mcfusher

G'day Raiders

My family and i are heading to Darwin In the holidays. Does anyone know a great day charter? i would only go out for the day and the target fish would be Barra. We are staying in darwin but are going to kakadu so pretty local would be nice.

Cheers

Mcfusher

Hi there.

Went to Darwin last year caught a few reallllly good jews in the harbour. Up to 20k, and a couple of nice goldband snapper and spanish mackerel."Tub Tours"? Most of the "good" barrra trips that I saw were for over three days and were rather remote. Try PM ing gibodfisho have read a good report of his. nice fish. The fishing up north is awsome but the really spectacular stuff you have to travel a bit for. Watch out for the crocs......

Alasdair

PS

We took a trip into Kakadu even if you don't catch fish you'll love it

Hi McFusher

Seven years ago, I went out with Mick Mannix (http://www.anglerschoice.com.au) & got onto 3 barra at Corroboree about 1hr from Darwin! He was great. He has got lots of people onto 1m plus barra (including Steve Starling.) His wife Emma runs the successful Reel Women Barra Tournament.

We were staying in a youth hostel at the time & from memory, it was about $200 for the day (with other people on board.)

However, depending where you are staying & what you are after you can get into barra, black jewies, milkfish & others right there around Darwin!!

Have fun, enjoy!

Cheerio

Roberta

Ph anglers choice 89280370