Huskisson Jervis Bay ?

marus8504

hi there

i was just woundering if anyone had any info on where to fish and what type of fishing gear i would need to head down to the south coast jervis bay. i am goinig camping down there and am thinking of takeing my gear down there i just have no idear on where to go and what fish live around there what bait will i need.

thanks for any help as i need it

thanks

i am thinking it will be mainly land based- with the possobilities of a boat but it is looking highly unlikely, with the land based is it mainly rock and beach fishing or is there any lakes that run into the beach which would be worth looking at. the main question is it worth takeing beach/rock gear or light lake gear. thanks

mark

i am thinking it will be mainly land based- with the possobilities of a boat but it is looking highly unlikely, with the land based is it mainly rock and beach fishing or is there any lakes that run into the beach which would be worth looking at. the main question is it worth takeing beach/rock gear or light lake gear. thanks

mark

i would take both if you can fit it! there are plenty of places to fish light estuary and beach.

Hi Mark

If you go to Husskisson, there is a kayak/camping shop right on the water at the entrance to the estuary ..... you would have to ring them up a few days before & book a time to 'try out' their Hobie Mirage kayak (Outback or Revolution would be good) & just happen to bring your flickstick & sps with you!! I was able to test drive it for 1hr when down there earlier this year (the Revo) & had a great time. I didn't think to take my rod with me tho! :1badmood:

Even if you don't fish on it, it's a great place to try out the hobies! (just wheel it from the shop to the ramp.) I now have a hobie sport (the smallest of the group!)

Cheers

Roberta

PS I was in the campground on the beach in Feb & there were frigate mackerel, sambos & kingies busting the surface off rock ledge there. You should be able to get into heaps!

Edited by Roberta

thanks you very much for your reply, i think i am going to take a mixture of rods to suit every type

i will try the rock near the camp ground which roberta pointed out

thanks cant wait to get there

Hi Mark

If you go to Husskisson, there is a kayak/camping shop right on the water at the entrance to the estuary ..... you would have to ring them up a few days before & book a time to 'try out' their Hobie Mirage kayak (Outback or Revolution would be good) & just happen to bring your flickstick & sps with you!! I was able to test drive it for 1hr when down there earlier this year (the Revo) & had a great time. I didn't think to take my rod with me tho! :1badmood:

Even if you don't fish on it, it's a great place to try out the hobies! (just wheel it from the shop to the ramp.) I now have a hobie sport (the smallest of the group!)

Cheers

Roberta

PS I was in the campground on the beach in Feb & there were frigate mackerel, sambos & kingies busting the surface off rock ledge there. You should be able to get into heaps!