Sydney Harbour 18th

chocofallon

Hit the Harbour on Saturday at about midday with my brother and two mates. plan was to flick a few soft plastics for some Bream and a few Trevs then to have a bit of a baitfish later in the Arvo. Not sooner that we had the boat in the drink a mate rings up from an apartment in darling point and said there are two boats out the front of his house pulling in fish after fish. So we motored over to find the two boats flicking plastics ...Think from the photo's it was Ceph and his mates. But the action seemed to have died off so we had a flick for half an hour with no luck so headed into a spot in double bay and not long after first plastics went in the boys started to get into some action. I didn't have any luck there on the plastics but the boys did so we ended up keeping three good size Trevs a nice size flatty and a nice size flounder.

After having our plastic fix we headed off to a spot in the harbour out off Watsons bay. positioned ourselves and pulled out the windybanks servo prawns. These ones were quiete large and I half peeled them and sent them out the back. Soon enough pulled up a nice Bream that fought like a starfish I very much doubt it gave a tail kick or was poisoned by the windybank prawn. However he went in to the keeper sent the next arsonic special out and my little outfit buckled over after a great fight lots of comotion a fight for the net we landed a 40cm snapper. Was the best fight for my small rod and reel. My next bait was smashed by another one and inspecting the leader was fraid by my mates plyers trying to remove the hook from the last fish..

(I should have checked it) anyhow Next cast smoked again by what I reckon was a bigger snapper. Couldn't believe getting a snapper like that in the harbour. We caught another over 30cm one and released heeps more about 28, 29 cm mark reddies which were good fun. Then ended up my brother sparkles (another Raider)bagged another good size Bream a good size squid, we caught an eel, rock cods etc

So ended up with a great feed of fish on the webber that night and many, many beers. So was a great little winter session on an awesome day in the harbour. Sorry no pics but will make sure I take the camera for the next one.

Cheers,

Joe.

g'day chocofallon.

top stuff on the harbour mate... wonder what the action was that those boats were on to? stab in the dark maybe salmon,, good start on the trevs and flatty! great to see some nice snapper in the harbour. sounds like a top day and a good night on the :beersmile: ...

cheers livebait!! :1fishing1:

Hit the Harbour on Saturday at about midday with my brother and two mates. plan was to flick a few soft plastics for some Bream and a few Trevs then to have a bit of a baitfish later in the Arvo. Not sooner that we had the boat in the drink a mate rings up from an apartment in darling point and said there are two boats out the front of his house pulling in fish after fish. So we motored over to find the two boats flicking plastics ...Think from the photo's it was Ceph and his mates. But the action seemed to have died off so we had a flick for half an hour with no luck so headed into a spot in double bay and not long after first plastics went in the boys started to get into some action. I didn't have any luck there on the plastics but the boys did so we ended up keeping three good size Trevs a nice size flatty and a nice size flounder.

After having our plastic fix we headed off to a spot in the harbour out off Watsons bay. positioned ourselves and pulled out the windybanks servo prawns. These ones were quiete large and I half peeled them and sent them out the back. Soon enough pulled up a nice Bream that fought like a starfish I very much doubt it gave a tail kick or was poisoned by the windybank prawn. However he went in to the keeper sent the next arsonic special out and my little outfit buckled over after a great fight lots of comotion a fight for the net we landed a 40cm snapper. Was the best fight for my small rod and reel. My next bait was smashed by another one and inspecting the leader was fraid by my mates plyers trying to remove the hook from the last fish..

(I should have checked it) anyhow Next cast smoked again by what I reckon was a bigger snapper. Couldn't believe getting a snapper like that in the harbour. We caught another over 30cm one and released heeps more about 28, 29 cm mark reddies which were good fun. Then ended up my brother sparkles (another Raider)bagged another good size Bream a good size squid, we caught an eel, rock cods etc

So ended up with a great feed of fish on the webber that night and many, many beers. So was a great little winter session on an awesome day in the harbour. Sorry no pics but will make sure I take the camera for the next one.

Cheers,

Joe.

Yeah Joe, that was us. We had a red hot session on the Flatties and a few Trevors. Action finished as quickly as it started. :biggrin2:

I think you mate yealled out to us when we netted one of the fish. We heard a "TOO SMALL" coming from the apartments. Are they housing commission?? :074:

Cheers

Ceph

Yeah Joe, that was us. We had a red hot session on the Flatties and a few Trevors. Action finished as quickly as it started. :biggrin2:

I think you mate yealled out to us when we netted one of the fish. We heard a "TOO SMALL" coming from the apartments. Are they housing commission?? :074:

Cheers

Ceph

Yeh if he yelled out too small he was probably refering too Bens tackle size as he jumped out of that arctic water. That makes me shiver just thinking about diving in. Nah it was probably a different guy that yelled out but if those apartments are housing commission what a spot!

We'll say Gday next time we see you out there!

Cheers,

Joe

good stuff dude, noticed over the past couple of years the snapper have been slowly getting bigger and bigger , one spot we drift has them always between 25 and 29 cms , bit annoying but hey, thats fishing, bet they went good on the webber, and the :beersmile: .... heaven

Choco,

Thanks for a good day out, with plenty of cheeky banter.

I do beleive my netting of a free swimming arrow, would have to have been the catch of the day.

I mean anyone can hook a 40cm snapper in the harbour. But squid with an environet, that is like dragging a bucket through the water. Now that is a catch!!

Ceph,

Sorry I didn't recognise the boat. I saw netic at the boat ramp in rose bay, but Didn't get a chance to say gday. I have a white hulled Stacer 525" with a 90 merc optimax on the back. just in case we are chassing the same fish in future, or watching your mates go fishing for your gear. Classic stuff.

Regards

Arch

Choco,

Thanks for a good day out, with plenty of cheeky banter.

I do beleive my netting of a free swimming arrow, would have to have been the catch of the day.

I mean anyone can hook a 40cm snapper in the harbour. But squid with an environet, that is like dragging a bucket through the water. Now that is a catch!!

Ceph,

Sorry I didn't recognise the boat. I saw netic at the boat ramp in rose bay, but Didn't get a chance to say gday. I have a white hulled Stacer 525" with a 90 merc optimax on the back. just in case we are chassing the same fish in future, or watching your mates go fishing for your gear. Classic stuff.

Regards

Arch

Arch,

Will look out for you next time.....

The free netting of an Arrow with an Environet is one incredible feat. We have an environet and it's slow motion action in the water has cost us a few squid and the odd fish. I am using mine as a wind sock now. :thumbup: