Fishing After Rain

Morgo

Hi all, in Sydney it's been raining for days so does that mean that I should get out fishing or wait out the rain? I've heard that I should fish on the edge of the dirty water mark as the fish in the estuaries are pushed out by the fresh. Any ideas? This is the extent of my knowledge about fishing after rain so if you guys could fill in some of the gaps I'd love to hear from you.

hello mate,

Mate I cant give you an educated explanation into fishing before and after rain but ive fished during rain after rain before rain in the coffee water after the big storms and ive caught fish, thumpers at that. Im not sure what the best advice is but i reckon if your not having a go your no chance anyway.

And at the end of the day id rather be on the water fishin instead of on the couch listening to the :wife:

hello mate,

Mate I cant give you an educated explanation into fishing before and after rain but ive fished during rain after rain before rain in the coffee water after the big storms and ive caught fish, thumpers at that. Im not sure what the best advice is but i reckon if your not having a go your no chance anyway.

And at the end of the day id rather be on the water fishin instead of on the couch listening to the :wife:

You reckon there is a Middle Harbour Jewie around Dan??

I seem to recall you doing ok in the mud after the last wet.

You reckon there is a Middle Harbour Jewie around Dan??

I seem to recall you doing ok in the mud after the last wet.

No idea mate but im heading out in the morning to try find out. If this rain settles a bit im going to head out about 2.30am for a quick squid attempt then fish the incomig for a little while.

you heading out this weekend?