Broken Bay - West Reef

Fishlick99

Hi Raiders,

Looks like it was a bit slow all round today. I headed out to west reef to catch the high tide tonight. Burlyed like crazy, slow south current, perfect conditions - but where were the snapper? Took home 2 fish, 1 trevally and one snapper 46cm. No pics - couldnt be bothered for that....

Looks like great weather to have another look tomorrow. I might have a look in closer off Avalon instead.

Also - quick mention, I had a look at the boat ramp at Narrabeen/Collaroy this-morning. No reds coming in but saw one good catch of pretty big trevally, around the 3kg mark and about 8 caught.

Fishlick99

Thanks for the report,

I fished off Boulton's reef yesterday and also had a look around West reef with no joy. However I did get tangled with a dolphin believe or not. He swam right up to the rear of the boat and his tail must of got caught around my floater line. Let me tell you 200kg of Dolphin on 14lb braid was something I won't forget in a hurry. There was absolutely nothing I could do about it and I assume he was alright because he started leaping out of the water not far from the boat. It was one of those `one off' fluke situations you get when fishing!!! not intended or foreseen in anyway.

Regards, Hutcho.

bad luck mate... get back on the horse and try again, but that snapper would have gone down nice, yummmy!! i think we might head out today weather is gana be good!

hutcho1 hope flipper is ok,,, but i can only imagine the fight!! :thumbup: