Browns 25-8-07

Penguin

Went out to Browns on Sat, took us an hour in the swell, got there around 11am.

There were plenty of boats there, We cubed and cubed for zilch.

Headed back in to the Harbour, saw lots of Dolphins on the way in. They were hanging

around 4 white bouys linked together in the water, about 50mtrs away were 4 more

white bouys (any1 know what these are?).

Fished at Clifton Gdns for abit, got a feed of Trevs and some Flounder and an Occy pretty

quick, then the 30-35cm Yakkas moved in and were bustin up everywhere, got a heap of these

for bait/cubing next time. Crazy Faridation got a top run on the 3kg outfit, that nearly spooled

him,he faught this unknown fish for 20mins before the line popped :05: .

That was it for the day.We hope we can do better next time.

Sorry no pics today, I worked all night and fished all day straight after,I was to buggered

to even think about anything other than my bed.

penguin

I think it has been the same for everyone atm, the fish are just not to be seen in numbers.

We jigged The Peak and also 12 Mile with nothing to be had. We spent conserable time sounding 12 mile reef to find an elusive school of kings but to no success.

I also heard Reef Runner charters on the radio really frustrated with not much for the day.

Looking at some reports from the fish raider yellow fin day, it was also very quiet out wide.

I think the very slow currents and green chilly water conditions are why the fish are not firring.

Anyway it was an absolute pleasure to be on the water yesterday, smooth seas lots of dolphins great weather and good company. We did end up with some mowong plus i got to try out my new jigging outfit :1prop:

The YTF season is not over yet so lets hope there are plenty more sunny calm days on the water before we hit October.

:1fishing1:

Cheers

Adam