Mad Dogs And Aussies Go Out In The Midnight Rain

humesy

Howdy again,

Here is my tip on when to catch a jewie. Its not born of years and years of experience but has caught me jewies consistently recently. The lower reaches of middle harbour have fished well 3-5 days after a big flush. No big secrets here I suppose but Friday night saw me heading out in the rain. It was one of those nights that could have gone either way and it seemed to be heading towards a cold, soggy experience. Caught an 80cm, 4-5kg jewie at about 11.00 as reward for fishing a crappy old night. He took a live tailor.

Water was still pretty murky yesterday afternoon and it might be worth a shot tonight methinks if anyone gets the time on a Monday night.

Cheers.

No pics, I am still trying to find my camera after moving house last weekend.

Edited by humesy

Howdy again,

Here is my tip on when to catch a jewie. Its not born of years and years of experience but has caught me jewies consistently recently. The lower reaches of middle harbour have fished well 3-5 days after a big flush. No big secrets here I suppose but Friday night saw me heading out in the rain. It was one of those nights that could have gone either way and it seemed to be heading towards a cold, soggy experience. Caught an 80cm, 4-5kg jewie at about 11.00 as reward for fishing a crappy old night. He took a live tailor.

Water was still pretty murky yesterday afternoon and it might be worth a shot tonight methinks if anyone gets the time on a Monday night.

Cheers.

Great you going out there again, Andrew :thumbup:

Tell ya what, Andrew when we go out again, it's my turn, we'll make it my boat and you're right about Middle Harbour and I reckon we should fish the "Castles" at Castlecrag this time.

Cheers mate.

jewgaffer :1fishing1:

Conditions were as follows:

time: 11.00pm

Tide: 2 hrs before low.

Barometer: 1025

bait: a live tailor

water temp: ? pretty cold i imagine.

Water clarity: murky

depth: 70 feet. Large deep hole

Current: gentle

Weather: Gentle Nth wind, cloudy, rain and drizzle

Dinner that night: cold tuna pasta

Mother's maiden name: Rose.

If there is something else to be gained, I figured that it was better to fish deeper with dirty fresh water on top.

The jewie preferred the tailor over a live yakka and a fresh squid head.

Hope it helps. Cheers

Conditions were as follows:

time: 11.00pm

Tide: 2 hrs before low.

Barometer: 1025

bait: a live tailor

water temp: ? pretty cold i imagine.

Water clarity: murky

depth: 70 feet. Large deep hole

Current: gentle

Weather: Gentle Nth wind, cloudy, rain and drizzle

Dinner that night: cold tuna pasta

Mother's maiden name: Rose.

If there is something else to be gained, I figured that it was better to fish deeper with dirty fresh water on top.

The jewie preferred the tailor over a live yakka and a fresh squid head.

Hope it helps. Cheers

Yep got the message Andrew. That is a pretty good report.

I'll paste your report into my latest topic for when I do a summary of the times, the tides and the conditions .

I think you forgot the name of the old G.P.S. school when you went to log in your password and I don't mind cold just plain and definately not with tuna pasta.! :biggrin2:

Regards

jewgaffer :1fishing1: