Berowra Waters Today (monday)

bradludwig

Hi Raiders,

Decided to get a cpl of hours in this afternoon so headed down to the boat at lunch time.Dropped my beloved 2hp evinrude of with Huey to see if he could revive the poor little thing then down to the boat ramp.By the time i inflated the tender and rowed out to the boat it was about 1.30 before we wet a line.Headed up towards Crosslands to do a drift back through the moorings for the last of the runout tide.The :wife: put on her trusty prawn and I loaded mine with a nice piece of chicken fillet.No bites so I decided to try my hand flicking some SP`s at some of the boats.Ah Ha second cast and I was on to something huge!!!! :thumbup: As the drifting tide pulled us further down river towards the ferry the beast that I had hooked refused to come with me.My only option was to walk around the boat to get to the bow and try to retieve a bit of line,But this monster was in no mood to play by the rules so seeing as it wouldnt come to me my only chance was to get the motor started and go to this aquatic giant of the river before he busted me off or even worse snap my rod.with a bit of expert low speed navigation I was finally getting some back on him!! Before I knew it I was right on top of him however there was no way this big fella was going to fit in my landing net so I decided to get him along side and release him without harm.He just seemed to sit still against the tide as I drifted away I saw something on his side but without my specs on I couldnt quite make it out so with Jen`s eyes being a lot better than mine I said to her what is that on his side???? Her reply??

MARINER 36!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :074::074::074:

Couple of runs and a few decent bites but no fish for dinner.Beautiful winters afternoon on the water!

Cheers Bigears

(aka Brad)

Edited by bigears2u