Newcastle Report 28/08/07

Webby

The tailor were well and truly on last night!! Caught three tailor approx 45cm each then stopped as I had enough for a good feed for the next couple of nights. :yahoo::yahoo::yahoo:

A full moon and plenty of squid around too - if I'd stuck it out longer I reckon it was prime conditions for a jewie but unfortunately had to get home :mad3:

Burley and pillys worked a treat though. It's the best feeling to feel the rod buck under your hands and that line just start peeling off!!!

Strangely enough I never got broken off any of the times i hooked up even though I had a mono trace on both lines (30kg on one line, 6 on the other)

Also managed to hook up a ray shark (is that what they're called?) and leopard shark (I think - it was pretty dark by then) on the 30kg line (let them go - well, they busted me off)

Edited by Webby

The tailor were well and truly on last night!! Caught three tailor approx 45cm each then stopped as I had enough for a good feed for the next couple of nights. :yahoo::yahoo::yahoo:

A full moon and plenty of squid around too - if I'd stuck it out longer I reckon it was prime conditions for a jewie but unfortunately had to get home :mad3:

Burley and pillys worked a treat though. It's the best feeling to feel the rod buck under your hands and that line just start peeling off!!!

Strangely enough I never got broken off any of the times i hooked up even though I had a mono trace on both lines (30kg on one line, 6 on the other)

Also managed to hook up a ray shark (is that what they're called?) and leopard shark (I think - it was pretty dark by then) on the 30kg line (let them go - well, they busted me off)

That's a good night session Webby :thumbup:

Looks like we are going to have a pretty hot September and I reckon there'll be late winter and early spring summer fish all over the place all at once and that should happen pretty soon now, I reckon.

Cheers

jewgaffer :1fishing1:

Nice one..

Pics?? :biggrin2:

Ceph - No I didn't take any - I could take some of the fillets that we haven't eaten yet??

Jewgaffer - Thanks for that - and I am thinking the same. The next couple of months are looking good. By the way I took your advice on just leaving the big rod for the jewies and letting them take the bait if they're around - which is how I hooked up the sharks. The second one I caught my heart was racing as it started fighting like a jewie!!! However after a couple of minutes I realised it probably wasn't. Oh well, another day I guess!!

Edited by Webby