Rail Bridge And Outside Broken Bay.

tiger_shark

Headed out Sunday arvo and sat under the rail bridge going for a jewie, with no success again. Oh well :05:

Only got a shovel nose and a few bites. Got a really big run and busted off on the light gear, always the way.

We headed just outside barrenjoey for the rest fo the night. We had some very big bites, a couple of runs, a few snags, but no fish in the boat until we go a crocodilefish, which was released. At sunrise the yellow tail came on, some big ones too. The leatheries started to bite our lines to peices, we caught one and moved on after we put about 10 yellow tails in the live bait tank. We headed to some close reefs to do some drifting and trolling.

We had a couple of touches while trolling but no hook ups. We then stopped at some reefs and drifted over them. The wrasse were down there in numbers. Garlic, soy, lemon and chilli wrasse.....yummm. In between all the wrasse catching, a 2kg red rock cod was caught...

Was a great day out on the water with some great company.....

post-2215-1188301493_thumb.jpg

Headed out Sunday arvo and sat under the rail bridge going for a jewie, with no success again. Oh well :05:

We had a couple of touches while trolling but no hook ups. We then stopped at some reefs and drifted over them. The wrasse were down there in numbers. Garlic, soy, lemon and chilli wrasse.....yummm. In between all the wrasse catching, a 2kg red rock cod was caught...

Was a great day out on the water with some great company.....

post-2215-1188301493_thumb.jpg

Hi tiger shark thanks for the Pm's and the free professional advice on how to knockout my viral infection. I'm getting a little bit better.

One thing of importance is to take a note of the conditions of the day.

During shutdowns all sorts of colours come out particularly from deep holes and inshore reefs. Some you can eat and others are so obnoxious they'll either sting you or give you a viral infection :074:

Hope to catch up one day and maybe we can get a few rainbow coloured ones.

Cheers

jewgaffer :1fishing1:

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Oh, Tiger Shark was that extra dry larger in the bottle in the pic or was it petrol to set those critters on fire? :yahoo:

Cheers

jewgaffer :1fishing1:

Edited by jewgaffer

yeh i was out 2. did u notice a boat called jake 2 ? all we caught where 2 sargent baker and some jackets.

Hi xib... no i didnt notice... we were in XT-SEA..

And jewgaffer, we might of used the petrol to start the fire so we can cook them. :1prop: If you ever get a wrasse, keep it and cook him up, you'll be suprised. You cant freez them though as they go a bit brown, but still ok to eat. One of the guys on that came out with us had a whole lot of family over from over seas, so they were all eaten that night.

Hi xib... no i didnt notice... we were in XT-SEA..

And jewgaffer, we might of used the petrol to start the fire so we can cook them. :1prop: If you ever get a wrasse, keep it and cook him up, you'll be suprised. You cant freez them though as they go a bit brown, but still ok to eat. One of the guys on that came out with us had a whole lot of family over from over seas, so they were all eaten that night.

saw u heading along prospect highway the other day, whilst i was working