North Harbour 28/8

andrew399

It was my birthday yesterday so i thought what better way to enjoy the day then to head out for a fish!! For those of you that know about my long term battle to get my boat started, i finally won!! $3.5k later and it finally up and running!

Anyways started out just having a fish from the mooring but the wind was making berleying pointless as it all justy drifted away heaps quick so decided to have a bit of a flick with some gulps. Scored a few trevs pretty quick and a 36cm flounder pic below. It completely engulfed the lure and i was surprised how big its mouth was... anyway motored over to reef beach and just started drifting north harbour jigging some plastics for flatties, no luck but scored a stinky pike and a few leatherjackets before callin it a day. Pretty slow really but i think im gonnna have to get some gulp alives to change my luck for the next trip!

Dicko

post-3306-1188343540_thumb.jpg

From stationary moored platform to a moving boat. The $3500 is a big ouch but nothing is better than when your boat actually works properly and is reliable. Now good luck getting into all those fish that youy can now reach.

Pel

Hey dicko

Nice work on the flounder.... And well done on the boat scene mate! I know your've had some crappy luck with your boat the last 6mths + but on the bright side things are getting better now with spring just off :biggrin2:

Big on those summer hordes of kingys plse!

D&G