Georges V Hacking

damobows

Hi people,

Was wondering if I could get some feedback: I fish both the Georges and Hacking land based - I continue to have good sucess on the hacking (including a 72cm flatty on Tuesday) but am yet to land a fish in the Georges. "What am I doing wrong, please?????"

Fish only plastics and hard bodies.

Georges: Moons,Lugano,Salt pan etc

Really appreciate any help (Georges is closer to home!)

Cheers

Damo

I live next to the Hacking but due to Family tradition I mainly used to fish BB and the Georges and only hit the Hacking for a feed of whiting. Twelve mths ago I decided to concentrate on the Hacking. Tips off this site helped but constant fishing found a lot of spots. After a year of solid Hacking fishing I believe the Georges and BB are a much more productive area but it would want to be as it is so much bigger.

For a landbased fisho the Hacking is much easier to fish as there are plenty of spots that put you right on the action (just follow IFishSick's reports). Unfortunately the "hot" spots that I fish in Georges are boat spots but you can still get into some good fish in a variety of spots. Give the Captain Cook Bridge a go (both sides), years ago we used to do alright under Como Train bridge.

If I was you though I would persevere up at the moons and lugarno but if the lures aren't firing try a bit of bait, it wont kill you to flick a bit of mullet or prawns around up there.

Good Luck

Dave