Starlo Ssx Snapper Spin Or Starlo Pro Medium?

my03

hey guys, for heavier plastic work for kings and pelagics around the harbour, do you think the starlo snapper spin 5-8kg 2 piece or starlor tounament pro medium 4-8kg they are both 7ft3

is the tournament pro worth paying a little bit more for? also, since the tournament is rated at 4- 8 does that mean its a bit lighter than the snapper spin?

was thinking of mating it with a 4000 class reel for pelagic work around the habnour on plastic, what do you reckon?

hey guys, for heavier plastic work for kings and pelagics around the harbour, do you think the starlo snapper spin 5-8kg 2 piece or starlor tounament pro medium 4-8kg they are both 7ft3

is the tournament pro worth paying a little bit more for? also, since the tournament is rated at 4- 8 does that mean its a bit lighter than the snapper spin?

was thinking of mating it with a 4000 class reel for pelagic work around the habnour on plastic, what do you reckon?

personaly i have played with these rods and next to some of the raider rods and others like nitro rods they do feel very bulky for the size

the tournamant would be the better one here as yes it is a tad lighter but in the long run that would make for a better feeling combo

truly amazeing the power you can get out of some of these rods these days

Hi there,

I posted an almost identical question a few weeks ago - http://fishraider.com.au/Invision/index.php?showtopic=23438

Although I haven't had a chance to get out and target the kingies yet I settled on a Team Daiwa Advantage 8-17lb rod mated to a Daiwa Excellor 4000E reel. This set up just feels a hell of a lot better than the Raider set up.

Hi there,

I posted an almost identical question a few weeks ago - http://fishraider.com.au/Invision/index.php?showtopic=23438

Although I haven't had a chance to get out and target the kingies yet I settled on a Team Daiwa Advantage 8-17lb rod mated to a Daiwa Excellor 4000E reel. This set up just feels a hell of a lot better than the Raider set up.

hey mate thanks for the reply, how does the daiwa compare to the starlo medium tounament stick?

i guess another option would be the Shimano SSX Shorespin 902, this is a 8.8 foot rod, its 5-10kg is this more suited for spinning off the rocks?

Edited by my03

I would definately go with the Starlo Stix Tournament Pro Mid Spin although it is 3' shorter than you said ab ove.

Depending on where you look the rod is 3-6kg aswell as 4-8kg. Personally it feels more like a 4-8kg 7" rod.

Carbon fibre so excellent feel and response. Casts a mile!

Get it over the internet and you can save $25.

IFS