Fishing At Tuross

davebrewer

post-4935-1188729362_thumb.jpg

post-4935-1188729222_thumb.jpg

Just returned from a week at Tuross-what a great place,at least the Marine Park hasn't intruded on the Tuross system itself but it is absolutely apalling to see the number of spots which have been shut off for no valid reason,and the impact it has had on local anglers and related businesses.Imagine building a house next to a beach,headland or lake and being summarily banned from fishing it,or even from swimming at the beach in one case.

Anyway,a successful stay for us-around 24 Estuary perch up to 40cm over 3 sessions of about 1 hour each at dusk.All four of us were using 1-3kg or 2-4kg Sicstiks,Dropshots etc with 4lb Fireline and 6lb FC leaders.The most consistent lure was an Sx48 in grassminnow followed by an Sx40 the same colour-water was dead clear and only a couple of metres deep.My biggest buzz was fom a popper smashed on the second hit by a 39cm fish,far and away the best fight of any I hooked.

We also scored a handful of flathead up to 59 cm well upstream adjacent to a creek on a couple of subsequent dusk sessions and lost a few trying to steer them around snags from high banks down to lower areas where the landing net could reach.Deception Shrimp and Nippers and McGrath Attacks all drew interest-unfortunately one particularly successful tiger striped Shrimp went on a oneway flight when the knot slipped off the split ring-those bloody things are coming off all my HB's after that.

All in all,a top trip-P.B.s on EPs for all of us-not one of us had caught one before! and a P.B. lizard for Julie.

Pics of Lachy and Eliza with their P.B. perch above.

Cheers,

Dave.

Great report Dave, and congrats to all on the PB's!!!! :1clap::biggrinthumb:

Weather permitting, I intend chasing the EP's and Flatties with Dene this weekend. Have seen a few great fish in the shallows but the water is still a little cold making them reluctant at the moment.

Hodgey

Fantastic fishing, Dave!! Top eps .... I almost thought they were bass! Gee they would have given the kids some stick!

What a terrific place to stay for a fish. You all did very well. I have only ever driven past on the way to Melbourne & back. Will add it to my 'must see' spots!! Some lovely little towns down there.

Cheerio

Roberta

Thanks guys-I think the kids are hooked now. :thumbup: You're a lucky man living in such a great place Hodgey,I can't wait to get back there!It's just south of Moruya pops,so we went via the Southern Highlands and Nowra-the drive itself is a real treat.

Cheers,

Dave.