Crowdy Head

silverfish

Hi, Fishraiders

Anyone fished Crowdy Head of late? I have never fished there but looks to be a great spot for out side fishing.

Silverfish.

Hi Silverfish,

My first post but something I know a little about.

My family has had a house there for the past 20yrs and this is where I do most of my offshore fishing.

Boat ramp is excellent and at this time of year offshore you will get snapper, flathead and pesky leatherjackets. Be prepared for a silly amount of big red rock cod and Sargent bakers before finding the quality fish. If it's rough then there's alway good salmon and tailor under the lighthouse from the stones.

Good luck getting any useable information out of the locals. The well known marks in any GPS book are actually a good place to start. A trip out with the local charter will give you better spots.

Reefhunter

Edited by Reefhunter

Hi Silverfish,

My first post but something I know a little about.

My family has had a house there for the past 20yrs and this is where I do most of my offshore fishing.

Boat ramp is excellent and at this time of year offshore you will get snapper, flathead and pesky leatherjackets. Be prepared for a silly amount of big red rock cod and Sargent bakers before finding the quality fish. If it's rough then there's alway good salmon and tailor under the lighthouse from the stones.

Good luck getting any useable information out of the locals. The well known marks in any GPS book are actually a good place to start. A trip out with the local charter will give you better spots.

Reefhunter

• 2 weeks later...

hey mate, am almost a local (20kms away) and a lbg convert. went to the south side off the rocks (below litehouse) about 4 weeks ago. water looked unreal but no luck....was just after bream/tailor and /or drummer. oh well. No info about outside but beaches north towards Diamond Head were good for bream and tailor (up to 8lb!). Beach access is good or otherwise Crowdy Bay national park road from Crowdy to headland is good at the moment. If i had a boat id smash them i reckon....haha!

good luck.

Hi, Fishraiders

Anyone fished Crowdy Head of late? I have never fished there but looks to be a great spot for out side fishing.

Silverfish.

Silverfish.

Hi Mate, the boat ramp at Crowdy Head is at the back of the Fishing Co-op at the side of Crowdy Bay, and you will see the trawlers tied up inside the little bay. They'll help you with the latest info.

There's another ramp at the start of Harington township, Harrington Waters side, but turn right around the little headland and left to go out thru the mouth of the river. You can turn left at the boat ramp but then you have to get your boat under the Gantry opposite the pub. If it's too rough to go outside ( north easterlys can be strong winds up there !), the mouth of the gantry is a top flathead spot as they fly under the ganty on the run in.

The rocks around the gantry is popular blackfish spot and over many years, I have seen lots of visiting black fishermen fishing the gantry rocks which are on your left as you look back over to the pub. I've seen some pretty big blackfish caught there, should it be too rough and windy for you to go outside.

And you get jew behind the gantry fishing off the same rock wall on the Manning Point side.

Hope this info helps you Silverfish.

jewgaffer :1fishing1: