Lennox

Rockworm

:1fishing1: just an update between the pissing torrents from the gods weve had for the last 2 weeks-heaps of bream around-my best just over 1.3kg(gilled and gutted) this week---the bream are all in the bigger catagory which is unusual for this time of year as these fish are normally here in winter-you can catch a bucket full of whiting in the river if you want to-------a few good fish have come in when having 'a spin" on the local reef at low tide--------Gts to 4kgs--kings to 5kgs and the odd "chopper" tailor with the best yesterday weighed in at 4.2kgs(gilled and gutted)------no ones been able to have a real serious crack at jew on the beach owing to the conditions -a few flatties have turned up this week with 6 caught that I know of today--just a bit to add thats happened on tuesday------

on monday a guy rocked down to where i was fishing and tried to pick my brain as to what was going on-after an hour or so he seemed a decent guy-so i gave him"the oil"as to how to fish the spot i was at----I also showed him where my catch(8 bream) was "hidden"to prove that what i was showing and telling him was true----he had just moved up from sydney to live at lennox and wanted to learn how to fish a bit------the next day he rocked down to the spot at the exact time i did-at least he listened to the bit i told him(1 hour before the high is the go)---he had bought a K-mart rod and reel-spooled with 25lb line------plus he had bought some hooks sinkers and "whitebait"--------I got into the bream straight away(I fish lite for em-4kg line)----on his second chuk he had a huge bend in his rod-I said-got a snag ay???-----he said no-its moving-------I said must be a lump of kelp------he said maybe-----well after about 10 minutes of him stuffing around I'd thought I'd help him a bit-------after me grabbing his rod to "bust him off a rock"i felt movement-then i unlocked his drag that was locked tight-------after about 5 mins i gave the rod back to him-with lots of instructions on how to play the fish-basically-he had all day-the fish didnt----------he did well-I had no idea what it was but put my $$ on a ray of some sort-------to cut another 15 mins of story short----one very novice fisho with very average gear went home with one crocadile dusky lizard--------it hit the scales at 6.2kg-(gilled and gutted)---the guys name is Barry-and he was still smiling around town today----He rekons Lennox is a top joint-------wonder why???????------- :1prop:

Farkin hell 6.2 kg gilled and gutted that is huge..sounds like some decent fish are partrolling your area..you lucky thing.. :thumbup:

23042[/snapback]

:1prop: Lennox at times is a fishing "heaven"-today at my local 'fishing comp'-Lennox point hotel fishing club" this week end-------bream to 1kg-trevally to 1 kilo-whiting to 350gms-flathead to 2kgs-jew to 6kgs and golden trevally to 3.5kgs were weighed in-all fish weighed in here in all comps-from evans head to byron-are "gilled and gutted" weights-----another thing-thats interesting-------the lengths of weigh in fish-bream-whiting-tailor-are all more than the legal limits as set-----and the rule applies-try to weigh in a "non long enough fish"-you get banned forever from the club-theres only one bloke i know whos come to Lennox for a stay and gone home without catching a decent fish-----i think he a mate of jimbos!!!!!!!----------I'm in trouble now!!!!!!! :thumbup:

:beersmile:

theres only one bloke i know whos come to Lennox for a stay and gone home without catching a decent fish-----i think he a mate of jimbos!!!!!!!----------I'm in trouble now!!!!!!! :thumbup:

:1Lighten:

:1clap::1clap::thumbup::risata:

:beersmile: Jimbo-ive got a shocking memory!!!!!!-can't remember his name????? :hitsfan::hitsfan: it must be the "home brewed bundy i'm into these days!!!!!! :beersmile:

On ya Gregg

Will be back up with ya soon!!!!

BTW.........Who is it that has never got a Lennox fish???? :risata:

23214[/snapback]