Caught 3 Blackies This Size...

gregr2

Great looking fish there mate, I bet it pulled! :thumbup:

sure did... was told about this spot by an old guy with walking stick.. arrived at said spot and clear water and could see the bottom, thought to self this is hopeless and it was for about 5 mins until whamo 3 in a row.

Hi Moonset

Not so much the cleaning as the measuring - take a photo of it on a fisheries Fish Measure Tape, or get a brag mat - much easier to see! Raiders go more on length then weight! :1prop: (for the records section!)

Cheerio

Roberta

[hi jewgaffer :1fishing1:

are you talking about the smile on the blackie as well :074:

peter :1fishing1:

Roger Pete :074:

cheers

jewgaffer :fisher:

Pete. So far only checked a couple of Black Q 's out but they were off the bone. Need guides and reel seats turned around a fair bit to have the sweet spot at the forward bend of the spine.

[hi jewgaffer :1fishing1:

question ? would they have a backbone being solid fiberglass you have got me thinking :1prop:

peter :1fishing1:

Pete, Solid fibreglass rods can still have a "sweet spot", if a rod is made - out of round, uneven or oval in taper, a sweet spot has be "formed" "off the guides" (In one piece rods the tip, the guides and the reel seat would have to be relocated) and even after adjustments, the rod would not be as good as even omni directional sweet spots a good solid fibreglass rod was designed to have.

Hence some can be disapointing and not "whip" as good as a perfectly made rod exactly the same.

A good way to test a rod for this fault is to half roll the tip section each way progressively along the shaft till it stops at the guides and look at the daylight as it rolls on a level surface, preferably on a good snooker table just as you would when you're checking out rack cues or pushing a heat buckle out of the wood on your own snooker rod with the inside of your hand.

However me being as I am and not wanting to blame my hat or my gear for my lack of fish, I would rather re-think my choice of locations when I was sure I had got the conditions right on the particular day.

You could catch some fish on a broomstick, but today's hi-tec fishing rods are designed to be *more friendly to fish than a broomstick. *ambiguity for clarification, Pete.

Peter I hope this helps mate.

jewgaffer :1fishing1: