Seafarer Vsea 5.0m Boat

680encore

Hi raiders, iam looking at buying a seafarer 5.0m vsea boat it is a 98 modle and has a 90hp evinrude .can anyone shed some light on this boat.are they as good as they look? i want to fish up to 10mile offshore weather permitting. then fish inside as well. i hope someone can give me some info that might have a vsea or did have this boat. thanks adam.

Hi AdamV

Welcome to the site :)

The Vseas are good boats, especially the 5m versions. Ive never been in one, but very rarely hear a bad thing about them. If i was after a used 5m boat they would be very high on my shopping list. They hold their value well.

Seafarer added about 100kg weight to the 5m Vsea about 2-3 years after it was originally released (in 1993?). I think the 98 model would definatly be the heavier version, which is meant to be better. The only downside is they are heavy for small to medium cars. The V4 90 or 115hp would be a a good match.

I looked at some of the 5.5m Vikings when choosing my boat and was very impressed with them.

cheers

Rod

EDIT - "Buster 1" has put up a post if his new boat thats a similar 5m Seafarer.

Edited by fishingrod

Good Morning and :1welcomeani: Adam, the 5.0M range of Seafarer boats offer one of the best if not the best boat in its size range. They are built better than most and the ride and stability is hard to beat. As with any second hand boat give it a good going over and do a mechanical check on the engine. If you are not confident and you are based in Sydney bring it up and I can give it a once over. What are they wanting for it and how many hours on the engine?

PM me if you do not want to publically post this and i will let you know what I think,

Cheers,

Huey.

Good Morning and :1welcomeani: Adam, the 5.0M range of Seafarer boats offer one of the best if not the best boat in its size range. They are built better than most and the ride and stability is hard to beat. As with any second hand boat give it a good going over and do a mechanical check on the engine. If you are not confident and you are based in Sydney bring it up and I can give it a once over. What are they wanting for it and how many hours on the engine?

PM me if you do not want to publically post this and i will let you know what I think,

Cheers,

Huey.

HI huey,it has 308hrs on it and they are asking $23000.it has been in dry storage all of it life. it is like brand new condition it has a new trailer as well. i live in melbourne.but thanks anyways.

Hi Adam, that seems to be on the high side of the price range when you consider I have a 2003 model Venus, with a 90HP Johnson on it that has done 12 hours and I am sure would be hard to better the condition-it is really LIKE NEW. You could get yourself this boat, which is a more luxurious boat than the V-Sea, but honestly not as much room for fishing as the V-Sea, for $29K. It is a shame you are in Melbourne, you can not just swing by and have a look or if it is more than you wanted to spend, the boat you are looking at down there would be great and if it checks out OK and you like it I wish you many happy hours on the water.

Cheers,

Huey.

Hi Adam, that seems to be on the high side of the price range when you consider I have a 2003 model Venus, with a 90HP Johnson on it that has done 12 hours and I am sure would be hard to better the condition-it is really LIKE NEW. You could get yourself this boat, which is a more luxurious boat than the V-Sea, but honestly not as much room for fishing as the V-Sea, for $29K. It is a shame you are in Melbourne, you can not just swing by and have a look or if it is more than you wanted to spend, the boat you are looking at down there would be great and if it checks out OK and you like it I wish you many happy hours on the water.

Cheers,

Huey.

yep. A bit pricey. Go back in a month and try again.

Seriously Seafarer are one of the more Favoured boats up here in C.Q. Every 4th boat is one.

I've been out in a few. Mainly the older versions. (Lot of us prefer them) Built like a brick shithouse. can't kill them, But wet in a decent seaway. Very safe though.

Mate's Viking comes out with us in some real ordinary weather. Bastard catches most of the fish too.

Regards

Macka17

Hi raiders, iam looking at buying a seafarer 5.0m vsea boat it is a 98 modle and has a 90hp evinrude .can anyone shed some light on this boat.are they as good as they look? i want to fish up to 10mile offshore weather permitting. then fish inside as well. i hope someone can give me some info that might have a vsea or did have this boat. thanks adam.

Adam,

Mate I have owned a 5.5m Seafarer Vega for the past 15yrs. I can only describe it in one word..."EXCELLENT".

Put it this way, earlier this year I considered upgrading to a newer boat of similar size. I looked and I looked and found myself comparing everything back to what I had. My hull is excellent as good as the day I towed it out of the showroom 15yrs ago. I decided to stay with my trusty Seafarer and recently put a new motor on the back and got a new trailer.

Mate seriously I have never looked back.

Mate you want to fish 10mile offshore....no problem at all (as long as watch the weather & forecast - safety first). I regularly take my boat out to Browns off Sydney which is 40kms. I go out to all the FADS up and down the NSW coast chasing dolphin fish. Make sure that boat you are looking at has a decent size fuel tank.

Mine came standard with a 130litre S/Steel tank. If I intend on going a long way I throw a 25litre jerry can in as a reserve (never had to use it thank god). I've got a 2007 130hp Yamaha 2 stroke on the back and I find 150+ litres of fuel on board is plenty for my offshore fishing trips. If your looking at a 90hp that will use about 25-30% less fuel.

As far as the ride goes.... Its as good as it gets for a 18ft boat. What alot of people have to remember is that the ride is only proportionate to the size of the boat. Yeah sure its not a 35ft Bertram so the ride isn't that good. But I've been in a lot of both glass and alloy boats and by far mine gives a smoother, dryer ride for any boat of its size. I have found that the cheaper glass boats, that are heaps lighter don't ride half as good. Mate its the saying "you pay for what you get".

I hope I have help you in the decision making process. I can only give a HUGE :thumbup: to the whole range of Seafarer boats. If you go through with the purchase of this boat I can guarantee that you won't be disappointed.

If this boat that your keen on is a 1998 model, if you look after it and keep the sun off it there is no reason why you wont get 20years service out of it. My boat looks as good if not better then the day I brought it. People are regularly suprised when I tell them its true age. Most people think its only about 4or 5 years old!

Mate sounds like a great investment to me.

That's my two bobs worth anyhow. If you have any other questions just fire away I I'll happily reply as will the other bunch of good blokes on this great Forum.

Nathan.

post-2204-1189502198_thumb.jpg

Adam,

Mate I have owned a 5.5m Seafarer Vega for the past 15yrs. I can only describe it in one word..."EXCELLENT".

Put it this way, earlier this year I considered upgrading to a newer boat of similar size. I looked and I looked and found myself comparing everything back to what I had. My hull is excellent as good as the day I towed it out of the showroom 15yrs ago. I decided to stay with my trusty Seafarer and recently put a new motor on the back and got a new trailer.

Mate seriously I have never looked back.

Mate you want to fish 10mile offshore....no problem at all (as long as watch the weather & forecast - safety first). I regularly take my boat out to Browns off Sydney which is 40kms. I go out to all the FADS up and down the NSW coast chasing dolphin fish. Make sure that boat you are looking at has a decent size fuel tank.

Mine came standard with a 130litre S/Steel tank. If I intend on going a long way I throw a 25litre jerry can in as a reserve (never had to use it thank god). I've got a 2007 130hp Yamaha 2 stroke on the back and I find 150+ litres of fuel on board is plenty for my offshore fishing trips. If your looking at a 90hp that will use about 25-30% less fuel.

As far as the ride goes.... Its as good as it gets for a 18ft boat. What alot of people have to remember is that the ride is only proportionate to the size of the boat. Yeah sure its not a 35ft Bertram so the ride isn't that good. But I've been in a lot of both glass and alloy boats and by far mine gives a smoother, dryer ride for any boat of its size. I have found that the cheaper glass boats, that are heaps lighter don't ride half as good. Mate its the saying "you pay for what you get".

I hope I have help you in the decision making process. I can only give a HUGE :thumbup: to the whole range of Seafarer boats. If you go through with the purchase of this boat I can guarantee that you won't be disappointed.

If this boat that your keen on is a 1998 model, if you look after it and keep the sun off it there is no reason why you wont get 20years service out of it. My boat looks as good if not better then the day I brought it. People are regularly suprised when I tell them its true age. Most people think its only about 4or 5 years old!

Mate sounds like a great investment to me.

That's my two bobs worth anyhow. If you have any other questions just fire away I I'll happily reply as will the other bunch of good blokes on this great Forum.

Nathan.

post-2204-1189502198_thumb.jpg

hi Nathan,thats a neat set up you have mate.i bought that boat to day.thanks for your input.adam.

hi Nathan,thats a neat set up you have mate.i bought that boat to day.thanks for your input.adam.

Adam,

Congratulations on the investment. I'm sure it will bring you plenty of enjoyable times....and keep your pockets empty!!!!! There are always little things to buy that come with owning boats and fishing.

I'd be interested to hear your feed back after you take it for a run. I'm sure that won't be to far away either!

Keep us posted.

Nathan.