Karuah River Port Stephens

Ray R

Hi Raiders, I need some help , I am going for a fishing trip to the Port Stephens area, and I was hoping someone out there in Raider land could help with a fishing spot map of the Karuah River Port area. Any assistance would be appreciated... Thanks Raiders... Ray R....

Ray If I recall correctly , Salamanda Bait & Tackle have maps & should be able to asist.

They are located in the BP service station next to the Salamanda Shopping Centre.

It may also be worth a visit to the 2 tackle stores in Nelson Bay. One is located just up from the Tourist Information Center & the other is in town opposite the main supermarket , I think it is Bi Lo

Geoff

I was researching Port Stephens fishing spots 3 years ago before entering the Trailer Boat Tournament

and found a website run by John "Stinker" Clarke. http://www.stinker.com.au

Stinker writes articles for NSW Fishing Monthly, he also has produced a map with GPS co-ord for spots in and around Port Stephens and Broughton Island. The map sells for $5. I got in touch with John who directed me to the Tourist Info people and they posted one to me all done over the phone.

In the 3 years I have been attending the Tournament these marks have produced every time.

I have not been to all the marks but I will get around to them one day

Pete

Thanks all you fellow Raiders, we have some info now so all we need to do now is go (in about a month)and catch some fish, and we will gladly share any info we get from the trip. Thanks Again..Ray R..