Nippers

robeebee

mate,

i am told that if you place nippers in a damp cloth in a hemp bag that you can keep them for a week, although i must say that then nippers i have pumped only seem to last for the arvo, but when i use to throw them in my salt water tank and they'd last a day or two if the bream didn't eat them first.

hope you have more luck than i did

Dave

Will bait shop live nippers keep 24 Hrs ?

Yea or you could use an aerator, also keeping them in Salt water will keep them alive, i have found the lesser amounts of water to be better. Just make sure you are changing the water as much as possible.

Mate you can try a foam box with a lid on it for darkness, put a little salt water and some sand in it and then tilt the box up at one end slightly to create a beach effect, this way the nippers can come and go from the water as they please. You definately need to change the water as often as possible and also remove any dead nippers when changing the water, good luck.

Will bait shop live nippers keep 24 Hrs ?

http://fishraider.com.au/Invision/index.ph...mp;#entry193805

Hi Robbie. My father used the dry method on freshwater crayfish he supplied to cafes in the 50's and this method was also used for keeping prawns alive when airfreighting them to Japan.

Keeping them dry is a good way to keep pink nippers alive and kicking for longer, mate

Cheers

jewgaffer :1fishing1:

Edited by jewgaffer