Sydney Harbour

Guest Big-Banana

Guest Big-Banana

Decided to try the Harbour for once and got to Putney at around 6am. Launched the boat and went full steam out towards the heads. In 15 mins we were at the heads and went to around 55m of water. it. For the next hour we caught a alot of various reef crap. It was good ground but we could barely hit bottom with nearly a pound of weight. Current was howling south.

I then positioned the boat in around 35-40m and anchored over some good looking ground. First drop down I scored a nice 62cm Flatty and that was it. We stayed there for around 45 minutes. We trolled inside with skirted lures not really expecting to catch anything and we didnt.

We cruised through the harbour (Geez doesnt the heads cop abit of swell :1yikes: ). I would hate to be there in a southerly.

Day was not lost with a really nice meal of assorted seafood from the Fish markets. Went down with a beer well. Mate went back in and bought some Blue Eyed Cod.

Set off to return to the back of the ramp and saw a waterways boat pull up around 3 boats for making wash under the bridge.

Got back to the ramp at 11 15 for a fishless but very enjoyable day.

Guest Big-Banana

I heard that as well. As soon as this current slows we should have some nice warm water and a few fish along with it as well.

there is already 22-23 water on the shelf from what I've been told. :1clap: I'll be out there thursday if the weather holds up, things are looking ok I reckon. I agree though, that current sucks when you're trying to fish the reefs, impossible with floaters. :thumbdown: