Karuah River 15th-16th September

spikey

Fished up at Karuah on Saturday arriving at around midday! we powered on the pt stephens heads and trolled the cliffs hoping 4 an early kingy but after 1 or so hours and not getting a touch we came back 2 try 4 some flatties and whiting!! unfortunately 4 me the wind and current was doing there usual opposites so the drift was extremely untidy and pushing me sideways. ended up back at the ramp at 5pm with 3 keeper whiting between 2 of us and were very dissapointed....

After a great feed at the ex servicemans and ordering my oysters kilpatrick extremely well done i copped quite a bit of slack from the other members in my fishing club... however i was 2 laugh last...... all night the 2 other gentleman who ate the oysters spent the night cramped over the toilet trying 2 choose which end was gonna come out 1st into the bowl!

so after a nice i told u so in the morning we were launching the boat at 7am.. choose 2 fish 2wards north arm cove in the main channel and in 3 hours we had 32 keeper whiting in the boat.... what a turn around. the tide and the wind were working with each other 4 a change.. so with more then a feed we headed right up river 4 a flattie! we got him but he was only 35cm so was released. by midday we were back at the ramp 4 our weigh in and preparing ourselves 4 our journey back 2 penrith, in which the 80yr old Campervan driver didnt see our 6.3 markham whaler and veered right into the side of it on the pacific highway leaving a nice black pin stripe from his side mirror....... and 2 top it off ive nearly ripped half my legs off from the sand fly bites... haha lets hope Crowdy Heads on October Long Weekend 4 the NSWFCA Interdivisional Championships is going 2 be alot more enjoyable with certainly alot more Fish..

Edited by spikey