Wollongong

screech

hey guys!

on saturday i have a soccer game in wollongong so i've decieded i'll stay there and fish sat night until sunday. anyone know of good beaches for jews around there? i havn't fish at wollongong before but heard its good with the jews.

thanks

hey guys!

on saturday i have a soccer game in wollongong so i've decieded i'll stay there and fish sat night until sunday. anyone know of good beaches for jews around there? i havn't fish at wollongong before but heard its good with the jews.

thanks

Hi Nick The big wharf at Port Kembla used to be a top nightime jew spot and the waters around the boats and the rocks up around to your right have acres of water in depths and the jew used to have to come in around the wharfs to get into the baitfish that had to huddle in close to be safe on high tide.

A local bloke called Fatty Morrison who works for John at the fishing scene told me they closed it right off because fishos at one time had a sort of unofficial tacid approval to fish the main wharf, but a couple of fishermen started a fire on the wharf to keep warm and didn''t bother to extinguish it properly.

The result was that the wind came up overnight, the wharf planks were still glowing just above the main gas line going out to supply the ships! There was a lot fuss and ado over that so the whole area was made out of bounds to fishos.

I believe some of the seamen on board still bring in jew off the boats anchored in Port Kembla and years ago it was not unusual to see fishos tied up to the cargo boats.

Nick Port Kembla would be the pick of it down there so it would definately pay to take a look around the rocks near the point of Pt Kembla where you see others fishing. Otherwise the surf at north Wollongong in line with the old greyhound track would be my pick from sundown on.

That was a pretty good size wobbiegong on Sunday it was as big as a horse. There were quite a few others caught and when they are around like that there must not have been too many bits and pieces of baitfish around to have them fossicking around like that.

That half cabin boat is a helluva fishing boat and it's the only cabin boat I'd like to own that's for sure.

The other alternative and would be better allround for the family is to take the road back along the Leisure coast in the afternoon and sound out some gutters between Belambi and National park end with the highest cliff formations on your left facing Sydney, along side the road opposite the surf and the accessible rock spots for your late afternoon and overnite session there.

Could be a big chance on the weekrend and that would be my pick come to look at it

Cheers

EDIT: ! jjust noticed the other post by netic . That's very true Stanwell Park would be right on the money on Saturday evening.

jewgaffer :1fishing1:

Nick saw your pm, any time mate.

Edited by jewgaffer