Poppers

landbased

I've been reading and watching dvd's on using poppers to catch bream flatties and whiting. This has made me wonder if any of you guys have tried it and to what degree of success you have had. I bought some pretty good ones today and if the wind is down I may give it a go tomorrow or thursday. That leads me to my second question, does anyone know where there are some good sand flats on the southern side of sydney where I can try this new type of fishing (for me that is :) )

Edited by landbased

gday chris!

have you been watching the same dvds as me (fishing dvd magazine).

im also interested and the place i have in mind is exactly the same senario as in the dvds!

head down to pacific cres, mainbar. park across the road from the little shop and walk on ot to the huge nipper flats!

also probably just as good but lots less travel gunnamatta buy, between the baths and darook park!

but you have to be there some time in the middle to the top of the tide! as low tide the water is off the flats and high tide probably too deep to get to the good spots at mainbar!

good luck!

ps how was the flattie?

nope workin!

better go mid to late morning me thinks as the wind in the arvo will be against you at mainbar!

good luck!

YUM hey, for someone who couldnt stomach fish last week!

now where have i heard that song?

Edited by wildfish

Landbased

Wildfish has got it right on a couple of reasonable spots.

Havent used them lately around there but in summer Miainbar I have caught whiting on alittle sand coloured popper. given the fact that I'm not much good at getting the action right I think with good effort there are plenty of fish to catch there on poppers if done right.

The other spot that may be worth a go is dougys flats at Sans Souci. This is the flats just up from St George sailing club near Capt Cook bridge. I havent caught a legal bream there but have had plenty of little ones. Sooner or later their bigger brothers will show up.

Dave

Luke

I think Landbased is now infected with SP disease after Sunday :074:

the Flatties might be in trouble down there jigging the chanels

The Popping for Whiting section on the DVD got me in also :biggrin2:

Chris

Let us know how you go 'cause I'm on holidays next week :thumbup:

and might add that to the activities list with Bassing and Snapper and

Browns and .................. so much fishing so little time

Good luck :thumbup:

Chris

Edited by Chris 55