Lion Island

Hutcho1

Hi Raiders,

Day 4 of a five week holiday break, yeeehaaa!!!! Woke yesterday morning after making sure the kids school lunchs were packed and the wife was all set for work. I shook off the feelings of sadness (only joking) and as I'm driving to the boat ramp I had this overwhelming feeling of freedom and I was met with absolutely perfect glass conditions. I knew this was going to be a good solo session after RayR had to work. Bad luck mate!!! Motored over to Lion Island and surrounds and immediately found myself in the middle of a huge salmon school. Caught a couple on my 1.8kg bream gear and had a ball with no other boats around. Pound for pound on light gear they are a great fighters. This was all GOOD.

After an hour or so of chasing the school I ducked over to Patonga, and threw plastics at the flatties, caught a few small ones, then it was off to the north side of Lion Island. Got the Berley going and caught a few small bream, all released. Then it happened. I was floating a nice hawksbery prawn down the trail when my snapper rod, 14kg braid and 9 pound leader, went off. The fish took an almighty run and for a moment I thought I was going to be spooled. 15mins later and the fish was almost at the boat and bang!!! Gone in one last furious run. Shark, Jew who knows. My appologies to the people at Umina for my bad language. This was all BAD.

Fished for another hour and ended up catching the biggest eel I've ever seen. Time to go. This was very very Ugly.

All in all a great day and I headed home with a smile on the dial and a feed of fresh fish. You wouldn't be dead for quids.

Only four weeks and 3 days to go, you bloody beauty.

Regards, Hutcho