Cooks River 22/9/07

james1990

Hi guys

Made the last minuite decision with my neighbour arthur to make a trip to the cooks river to break our 6-7 week streak off the water.

Launched the 8foot orange tub with 2hp mariner at 6pm lastnite and fished till2am this morning.

Fished around all the moored boats between the ramp and the bridge, fished all around the bridge, drifted the breakwalls put it this way we fished every bit of water from the ramp to jsut outside the breakwalls.

Used tuna, pilchards, whitebait, prawns as bait also used lures divers, sp's, poppers at all locations, trolled some of the lures.

Total tally 4 bream palm sized(throw backs) put in tons of effort at time for f-all :1prop:

Oh well can't have the fish everytime.

cheers james

Hi guys

Made the last minuite decision with my neighbour arthur to make a trip to the cooks river to break our 6-7 week streak off the water.

Launched the 8foot orange tub with 2hp mariner at 6pm lastnite and fished till2am this morning.

Fished around all the moored boats between the ramp and the bridge, fished all around the bridge, drifted the breakwalls put it this way we fished every bit of water from the ramp to jsut outside the breakwalls.

Used tuna, pilchards, whitebait, prawns as bait also used lures divers, sp's, poppers at all locations, trolled some of the lures.

Total tally 4 bream palm sized(throw backs) put in tons of effort at time for f-all :1prop:

Oh well can't have the fish everytime.

cheers james

Hi James. Fishing results have been badly affected by all the cold southerlies for some many months this year. Most of our best fishermen experienced much the same at the Botany Bay Social on a perfect day and there was only a hint of breeze from the southerly direction!

You have plenty of good gear and perseverence and a lot of expertise for a young bloke and I bet you can't wait to move to Queensland. and wait till we see your reports from up there . :1yikes:

You won't look back when you go up there. What part are you moving to James?

Cheers

jewgaffer :1fishing1:

The correct trolling speed from what iv learnt when trolling divers is when the tip of the rod starts to develop a "quivering" action...so i was trolling at what every speed that was.

Thanks jewgaffer

Will be moving to southport......anyone know how the fishing is up there?

At the moment i have heard alot of reports of large flathead, juvinile blacks and a 130kg sailfish was caught just off stradbroke island 2 weeks ago....can't wait to fish up there... maybe sooner than i expect.

I will miss all my mates, but i will be coming back down as much as i can, plane tickets are cheap and plane flights are about an hour, i will try and make it back for any socials around sydney.

cheers james