First Kingie :)

alexit

Went out on the Harbour Sat with Rach and a mate to give the new lekkie a go and maybe russle up some fish.

Beautiful day but pretty quite on the squid front with only a tiny cuttlefish brought to the boat. He was released to enjoy the day at the request of the gf and we set over to the south wedding cake to see who was home.

First cast with an unweighted squid strip plonked right in front of the cake, I let out some line to let it slowly sink and ..........bam! I just was not expecting that!

Anyway, this rat king comes straight up and right to the boat. 'Shit I got me a kingie' says I, and as Rach replies 'I though these things were spost to fight hard' the little blighter starts up and goes for it. I had him on and overhead outfit with 15pd braid and a 12pd leader and even with a fair bit of drag, he still gave me a bit of curry....not that I was complaining! :1clap: Not a long battle but as I let him to the net.... :thumbup:

After a couple of pic and a kiss I let him swim back to his mates which I thing he forwarned as I did not get another touch all day.

So there you go, not a biggen at only 50cm but a king and I am still grinning. :biggrin2:

post-300-1102918144_thumb.jpg

Thanks guys, the only way is up from here.

The rod is real nice alex, though I put a bit of weight in the butt to even it out a bit in the hand. The gf hooked what I believe was another small king on that rod on Sunday. We got a bit of colour on him before he spat the bassminnow... :thumbdown:

I hope to soon get back out to get a biggun.... just go to find some free time between the all silly season social engagements :beersmile:

...alex...