Mud Crab

heckendorfmortgage

Hoping to catch some blue swimmers we put out some witches hats in Cowan Creek on Friday.

Nothing worthwhile that afternoon and the weather turned we so we left them in overninght.

Before 6am we managed through the fog to boat this gem of a muddy. Very fortunate we got there when we did or he would have made short work of the net I'm sure.

Fortunately we had some insulation tape handy. There was happy neighbours in my street. when the tomato and chilli came out.

post-125-1102927270_thumb.jpg

post-125-1102927292_thumb.jpg

:1yikes::1yikes: Thats a ripper! I wonder if they still have the crab races at the Friend in Arms down at Glebe. You could have literally wiped the floor with him! :risata::risata::risata:

Guest bluecod

Gotta agree - that is one beeuutiful muddie - ginger. garlic, chilli, half a cup of water, dash of soya and an egg whisked through the soup, salt to taste - couple of beers to wash it down mmmmmmhhhhmmmm!

Anyone catching a muddie is more than welcome to bring it to my place for a cook up - equal rights.

Found a similar sized Muddy (had only just died) on some rocks at the back of Bobbin Head a few weeks ago. Can't say I've seen a lot of them though. Tried breaking it up for bait, but had started to turn, so had to throw it out.

Steve.

• 2 months later...