Botany Bay 26/7

screech

went early morning with a mate at botany bay at yarra bay looking for fresh squid to use for the hunt for kings. nothing! maybe im not jigging correctly so i need advice on the squid jigs. few hours later notice birds schooling and diving around the bay. decide to take a closer look and notice LOTS of action!!! throw in my 4inch plastic minows and hook up with big taylor. threw back and WACK my line is gone for a long run...... thinking either was a big taylor or a king..... finally bring it in and was about 3kg salmon. hunt was on!! havn't caught salmon this big on the northern beaches before. chased the school around yarra bay towards bare island cast after cast getting strike after strike hooking onto salmon or taylor. kept 10 salmon but would have easily caught over 20. havn't had this much fun in a long long time!!!! watching your line get slack after a big run then bang out of the water she goes and back down! loved it!! :1fishing1:

post-5473-1190792044_thumb.jpg

went early morning with a mate at botany bay at yarra bay looking for fresh squid to use for the hunt for kings. nothing! maybe im not jigging correctly so i need advice on the squid jigs. few hours later notice birds schooling and diving around the bay. decide to take a closer look and notice LOTS of action!!! throw in my 4inch plastic minows and hook up with big taylor. threw back and WACK my line is gone for a long run...... thinking either was a big taylor or a king..... finally bring it in and was about 3kg salmon. hunt was on!! havn't caught salmon this big on the northern beaches before. chased the school around yarra bay towards bare island cast after cast getting strike after strike hooking onto salmon or taylor. kept 10 salmon but would have easily caught over 20. havn't had this much fun in a long long time!!!! watching your line get slack after a big run then bang out of the water she goes and back down! loved it!! :1fishing1:

woah mate now thast somethign!! can i ask were you fishing off the boat or on the beach?? i cant imagine a big school of salmon right off the beach at yarra as i think its quite shallow...

:1badmood: I was a couple of days to early. I was keeping an eye out for any bird activity on Monday but not a single bit of action. Never mind maybe next time great report mate and well done. Some cracker Sambo's to.

I notice you would have had a full tide and Barometric around 1017.

Russ

Edited by damariboyz

woah mate now thast somethign!! can i ask were you fishing off the boat or on the beach?? i cant imagine a big school of salmon right off the beach at yarra as i think its quite shallow...

i was on the boat but im sure if someone tried on the beach they would def have caught a stray sambo

:1badmood: I was a couple of days to early. I was keeping an eye out for any bird activity on Monday but not a single bit of action. Never mind maybe next time great report mate and well done. Some cracker Sambo's to.

I notice you would have had a full tide and Barometric around 1017.

Russ

mate i was out on monday as well!!! i was around the oil wharlf where birds were diving and had bait fish swim all around me but not one bit of action..... i couldn't believe it!! thought something preditorial may hit them! lots of action on the bay this week i reckon..... fish are out following the bait...... soon kings would be in i hope!! i'll be out saturday and sunday... im with my uncle in the botany fishing comp. anyone going?

Hi Fishinnick you got a good few salmon together this time mate.....I replied lately to your pm and by the look of you in the pics you're a trapeze artist, a regular flying cliff gaff, and a Sydney Harbour Bridge tight rope walker style of a bloke .......No need for you to buy outriggers Nick.... I reckon you could easily swing out fifty metres and troll off a bosun's sling :1yikes: .

Regards

jewgaffer :1fishing1:

good stuff man

gotta love the ACPE mid semester break...

shame its almost over

all the best for the weekend!

Ian ( from Res. & Analysis)

hahaha..... how ya holidays? yea LOVE the semester break!!! just organised my prac for the end of the year!