Any New "hot" Sp's

ianoc69

Calling ALL SOft Plastic experts / Gurus / obssesed users out there.

I started SP fishing when Bass Minnows was all the Go.

Then a Phase came with Gulp this Gulp that.

Understanding that SP's OLD & NEW are here to stay - and will always catch fish - I recently have noticed things a little quiet in the Parra River (Land Based) with the regular lures.

Generally I can go out and throw around any of the following and catch (on average) 2x Bream + 4x Flathead or from time to time a mixed species (Whiting / trevally etc.) in a typical 2 hour session.

* Gulp Sandworms (Natural / Camo etc.)

* Gulp Minnows (Pumpkinseed or Watermelon)

* Bass Minnows (3" Pumpkinseed)

* Berkley Nimphs 1"

* Gulp Turtleback worms

Lately I have had 3x 2 hour sessions (mornings) within 2 hours of high tide - at spots that normally produce - and have only managed 3x Flathead (2 in one session and 1 in another).

The hits also seem to be not as frequent.

Do the fish not like what I am throwing at them - my technique is as normal a sharp flick of the rod tip (lift and drop) with 3 to 5 second pauses in between. The odd slow roll etc.

Are the fish on annual leave.

IS THERE ANY NEW "HOT" PLASTICS THAT OTHERS HAVE BEEN HAVING SUCCESS WITH - I AM ALWAYS WILLING TO CHANGE OR UPGRADE TO A NEW LURE.

ALL HELP & ENQUIRIES WELCOME / NEEDED / DESPERATE FOR HELP

I've found the Parra to be fishing harder of late. only managed a couple of bream per session for the last 2 or 3 that I've been out.

Most have come on flatback minnows or zoom flickbaits. It will come good...

cheers, Greg

Ian like most things they come into fashion and then fall out..I dont think the lure make much difference if the fish are not their it dosent matter what you chuck at them.

Might be worth giving another spot a bash and rest the one your hitting, also the water temp is still down.

Thanks all for the feedback.

I have been moving around the system at various locations that generally fish pretty well.

Had a little more success today managing 3x flatties to 45cm.

Snag, Thanks for the advice - I value your opinion and still thank you for your advice in the early days and ongoing :thumbup:

Flightmanager, I will get some of the Gulp Alive product - have seen this pop up in nuerous threads.

Gerg, Thanks for the input - It will come good in the coming month.

Owendoble, I do carry scents but rarely use them - I back my ability to work the lure BUT when things are quiet I should go to the scent.

Thanks all - Hope your fishing is productive and best of Irish luck to all.