Fad's

tiger_shark

Mate each season you hear of the odd dollies being caught here and there this time of year but they are never here in great numbers this time of year...

Even if they were out there they would be holding heaps of fish...more then likely no fish except for rat kings

Tiger shark

netic is spot on in regards to the dollies being here and there at this time of the year

dollies have been figureing in catch reports off boats spasmodically for the last six weeks or so

if not around that 8kg weight they have been well up in double figueres..............

this month coming october if encountering a dolphin fish it will more than likely be a good dollie

as is the case with the first of the run that occurs before the main vangaurd of schooling dollies

arrive in the warmer month's......funny thing is quite a majority of the dollies caught at this time of the year are generally caught in a lower temp range and green dirty water were you would least expect them to be......

so don't just depend on the fisheries fad's look around at the other naturaly occuring fad's as well.......

you could easily hit the jackpot.......

Cheers Warnie........

I've heard that the longer that a fad is out there the better.. So i would of thought it would be a good idea to get it out there before the season starts... I've had a scroll around the fisheries web site and it says they put them out in september... Well september is just about over and still no fads... But I guess they'll be there sooner or later hey.

Guest Big-Banana

Never forget the day we pulled Dollies off a railway sleeper floating along, certainly saved the day. I haven't fished a FAD for a long time, venture out further and find the fish traps.

I've heard that the longer that a fad is out there the better.. So i would of thought it would be a good idea to get it out there before the season starts... I've had a scroll around the fisheries web site and it says they put them out in september... Well september is just about over and still no fads... But I guess they'll be there sooner or later hey.

Mate the dollie season doesnt start till well into the new year so when a fad goes in at October they are putting it in before the season starts....

If your that eager you could always place a fad in yourself

Yeah good idea...a engine block or an old fridge as an anchor and a barrell for the fad should work fine hey... Do you reckon an anchor rope will be ok, or should i use chain...i'm going to look into this...i'll put a fishraider sticker on it for advertisment.

Guest Big-Banana

I can guarantee that a large FAD will get cut off either by hand or by a ship.

Make them small, or else other fishos will clean them out before you have a crack...

I believe it is illegal so don't make it too obvious that you're laying FADs...