Browns 30/9/07. A Bobo Story

tomrushton

The Bobo adventure has begun. After upgraging from his old boat 'Lobo', captain Stevo (Uncle Bobo), finally decided the weather was good enough for a Browns Bash. Started up the twin 300hp Turbo Yanmars with a 10-15k westerly at our back and planed it out there on a flat swell at 22knots. At that speed was thinking about about the possibilities of a browns fish after work over summer. Oh well the story must go on. Anyway headed out there to Pitt Street, trolled for a bit and decided to cube up along with the throng. After about the 9th track of Ac/dc greatest hits or something, off goes one of the reels. Uncle Bobo gets him to the surface after a few strong runs. I stuff up with the gaff and literally pull the hook straight out of its mouth. Oh well, I guess we'll put that one down as a tag and release. Anyway keep the berley trail going and within half an hour my line goes off. Get it up and decide to really tire this one out. Gave it quite a few runs before surfacing the fin. Uncle Bobo returned the favour with the gaff. Luckily for me i basically sat the fish on the end of it. Got it in. Bobo's fortune starts off positive. After about another 3 hours of cubing and no strikes, we decide to call it a day. Power back in and hit a strong head wind. Luckily there were a few whales to provide a bit of scenery over a couple of coldies. But god are they hard to get a pic of. Spose its good for the soul. Back for the Grand Final and a couple of tuna steaks. What a day.

post-5616-1191227886_thumb.jpg

post-5616-1191228098_thumb.jpg

post-5616-1191233380_thumb.jpg

Edited by B0B0

Good work boys, its suprising how good the water looks in pic, we had similar conditions last week even with a westerly blowing, but the change in sea conditions from around shelf line back to heads was incredible, sloppy as, anyway cheers boys, im yet to get a fin off sydney this season, hopefully wont be to much longer. Dave

Good work boys, its suprising how good the water looks in pic, we had similar conditions last week even with a westerly blowing, but the change in sea conditions from around shelf line back to heads was incredible, sloppy as, anyway cheers boys, im yet to get a fin off sydney this season, hopefully wont be to much longer. Dave

Yeah it was surprising. The weather reports over the weekend showed pretty shitty conditions but it wasn't too bad at all. Anyway goodluck on the hunt this season.

Yeah they were a bit of fun. Whered you pick up the jelly bean in your profile pic????

Hey mate that was on the raider tuna day aboard broadbill and i think we were down somewhere off wollongong/stanwellpark as we had been cubing for about 6 hours and the current was really pushing about 3 or 4 knots. we went straight out from botany.

:1badmood: Jeepers Creepers ! This is what happens when the young fella gets excited with the catch. Asleep/sick all day but claims the lot for himself. Yep. Uncle Bo-Bo scored all of them except for the big duffer hauled in by the young fellas big brother Chris. Picture to follow. We are all new to this site. Does anyone know the best spots to pick up some live bait on the way out of the harbour?

Cheers

Uncle Bo-Bo

I bet the bloke smoking the durry is the best big fish hook up merchant in the business :D

jewgaffer :1fishing1:

Nup. Cannot do it. Must learn how to do the pictures. Hopefully eldest son (6' 8 ) will see this post over the next few days and put up his catch. As to young Bo- Bo. Better luck next time.

sonquote name='Uncle Bo-Bo' date='Oct 2 2007, 06:48 PM' post='198505']

:1badmood: Jeepers Creepers ! This is what happens when the young fella gets excited with the catch. Asleep/sick all day but claims the lot for himself. Yep. Uncle Bo-Bo scored all of them except for the big duffer hauled in by the young fellas big brother Chris. Picture to follow. We are all new to this site. Does anyone know the best spots to pick up some live bait on the way out of the harbour?

Cheers

Uncle Bo-Bo