Another After Work Session..

skunga

Got out there again this afternoon.

Dale, Kev and I rocked up to our fave spot and without further adieu got into chucking plastic.

after 2 casts, Dale calls "im onnnn!"

I turn to Kev - who had been wanting to see "one of these kings you always talk about" - and told him to bring in his line, while walking up to take the motor and let Dale fight on 10lb braid!!!

.....I only got half way when up comes a king and snaffles my 9inch stickbait on the surface!!!

double hook ups and its not even half way thru october!

Dale got torched.. and with a frown admitted a bust off.

I managed to land a 52cm model - and back she went.

We had another follow after that and then went home.

Get out there!!!!!

:1fishing1::biggrin2::thumbup::yahoo:

Cheers

Steve.

PS: no pics this time as we were frantic to get a few more!!

goood stuff mate jst wondering what plastics u were using and if u dnt minde me asking where abouts in the harbour?

Frank,

I got done on a biiiiiiiiiiiiiiig stickbait - red on top and yellow underneath.

Dale got worked on a small white stickbait.

work the markers in the harbour and you should get em :thumbup:

i actually got done a berkley gulp, in the 5 inch mullet coloured jerk shad

Both times we've had hooks ups within the first few minutes of rocking up to the marker, with the motor still running, if ya not on within 10 mins id advise you move to the next marker.

Great stuff, double kingy hook up on plastics. Is bait a thing of the past? Regards, Hutcho

Hutcho - Certainly not!!

Bait is still a VERY important part of the equation.. I still love berleying up kings and sight feeding them some unweighted baits - anything from prawns & squid to gars and pilchards... Still such an exciting way of hooking these brutes - to see them sniff at it & the anticipation welling up then finally the drag singing its sweet sweet song is fantastic.

Fresh or live squid is a very active way of getting at these brutes of the harbour. As is downrigging a live yakka/slimey. Or try casting a skip-bait gar when they are active.

Like Dale said - Kings are easily turned on, and just as quickly shut down..

Don't worry about noise... In fact make lots of noise when you get to the marker.. they seem to fire up!

Last season I was bashing my rod holder out of its socket as it was salted in there tight.. only to have one of my rods buckle over with a crusty old pilchard on the end of it.

:1fishing1:

Cheers,

Steve.

Mainly jigheads these days.

Have caught them before in the harbour on a worm hook style rig, rigged on a leader with a running sinker above a swivel, but the jigheads seem to work just as well ... and they also take half the time to rig up :biggrin2:

Thanks for that guys!,might give that a go next time!, just another question , are you guys using jigheads or just using them unweighted?

Rob

Rob, on jig heads - letting them sink 3/4 of the water column or so.

Hutcho - Certainly not!!

Bait is still a VERY important part of the equation.. I still love berleying up kings and sight feeding them some unweighted baits - anything from prawns & squid to gars and pilchards... Still such an exciting way of hooking these brutes - to see them sniff at it & the anticipation welling up then finally the drag singing its sweet sweet song is fantastic.

Fresh or live squid is a very active way of getting at these brutes of the harbour. As is downrigging a live yakka/slimey. Or try casting a skip-bait gar when they are active.

Like Dale said - Kings are easily turned on, and just as quickly shut down..

Don't worry about noise... In fact make lots of noise when you get to the marker.. they seem to fire up!

Last season I was bashing my rod holder out of its socket as it was salted in there tight.. only to have one of my rods buckle over with a crusty old pilchard on the end of it.

:1fishing1:

Cheers,

Steve.

No worries Steve, got the message, of course there is room for both. RayR and I are definately going to target them this season over in Pittwater. Although I'm not much of an expert on them but we will put in some research and hopefully get into them. Thanks for the reply, Regards, Hutcho

No worries Steve, got the message, of course there is room for both. RayR and I are definately going to target them this season over in Pittwater. Although I'm not much of an expert on them but we will put in some research and hopefully get into them. Thanks for the reply, Regards, Hutcho

will have to have a session on the pitty kings with you boys over summer :biggrin2: