What Kind Of Trevally Are These?

tiger_shark

Question

7 answers to this question

So there are only 3 types??? Silver, golden and giant....i thought there were a few more.

I'll have to ask him if he measured them...

nope there are ALOT more type of trevors inc; tealeaf, bludger, snotty, big eye, blue to name a few more

yes they defintly look like plain silvers but

Try

http://www.amonline.net.au/fishes/fishfacts/index.cfm

Then in the little "SEARCH THE SITE" window on the Left hand side type in Trevally.

A big list of names will come up to give you a indication of some that are found in Oz

My votes to on a Silver to... their head gets a good scoop on the bigger ones ,bit like a Black Trevally

Caranx lugubris Poey not a Spine foot/Rabbit fish also called a Black trevally.

B.F.

Edited by Blackfish

These were caught by ~TaNgLeS~ last year on a charter boat....I was just wondering what kind of trevs they were bacause the FR record is like just over 50cm.

post-2215-1191600128_thumb.jpg

i wish god would let the silver travellies in botany bay grow over a metre long :thumbup::thumbup:

we'd be saying " kingies??"

Hey mate, they are HUGE silver trevallys!!! There are literally dozens of different types, but most of them live up north in the warmer waters, the silvers are the only ones i know of being caught around here... how big are they? and were they caught in the harbour? awesome catch mate!!