Georges River Blackfish

nitefr8

Hi all

went down on wednesday with Ross Swordy and the guru Norm and we thought we would really get stuck into them , but those blackfish can be stubbon buggars at times and refused to play , then the wind got nasty , and a move was called for , a short drive and we hit lambeth park but even there the wind was howling , so i called it a day , but Ross and Stewy plugged on , for no result i believe .

Thursday at around 11,00 i wandered down to Lambeth again with NORM , what a difference 24 hours makes they were in the mood, not big fish by the normal standard but all as fat as mud and thick across the shoulders ,when i left Norm and had managed about 15 or 16 in a litte over 3 hours and put twice that many back that were just on the 27 limit or under , a nice little session, sorry the pics wont attach right havent quite got the hang of that yet

heres the whole lot from thursday

post-4242-1191600549_thumb.jpg

cheers guys

post-4242-1191600338_thumb.jpg

Edited by rzep

Hi all

went down on wednesday with Ross Swordy and the guru Norm and we thought we would really get stuck into them , but those blackfish can be stubbon buggars at times and refused to play , then the wind got nasty , and a move was called for , a short drive and we hit lambeth park but even there the wind was howling , so i called it a day , but Ross and Stewy plugged on , for no result i believe .

Thursday at around 11,00 i wandered down to Lambeth again with NORM , what a difference 24 hours makes they were in the mood, not big fish by the normal standard but all as fat as mud and thick across the shoulders ,when i left Norm and had managed about 15 or 16 in a litte over 3 hours and put twice that many back that were just on the 27 limit or under , a nice little session, sorry the pics wont attach right havent quite got the hang of that yet

post-4242-1191600549_thumb.jpgheres the whole lot from thursday

cheers guys

Mark,

That would be right , the very day I have to work on the Broady they snap their heads off. Good on you both... I'll be back next week to keep you pair of larrickans honest.

Roscoe

Very nice catch there, was talking to a mate and we both noticed the fish are staying in the estuaries a lot longer this year and also they came up the rivers a lot later than usual and were a bigge rfish ableit not as thick as the schoolies when they come in, it seems as thoug hthere is a change in their habits and there is no set pattern to what used to be an annual run that petered out late September when they went back to the coast. As long as they hang around its all the more fun!

Nice effort once again! :1fishing1:

nice bag of blackfish guys...... :thumbup: ... seems somedays theyre hot then next like they dont exist..........

do the blackfish from there taste good considering where they were caught... prob not...just thinking out loud......

cheers...steve...

HI

Well roscoe you know how it is some days a diamonds , looking fwd to seeing you down there again next week , not sure where yet will chat to the old fox about that on Sunday night .

Roosterman to tell the truth i dont eat fish at all but by all accounts from the people i give them to they seem to be just as good as everywhere else , just ask Ross hes eaten enough of them from that part of the Georges latley.

MARK

nice bag of blackfish guys...... :thumbup: ... seems somedays theyre hot then next like they dont exist..........

do the blackfish from there taste good considering where they were caught... prob not...just thinking out loud......

cheers...steve...

Roosterman,

The fish have to be bled, skinned and filleted, deboned...to cook dust in cornflower, whip two eggs with a spoon of red curry then dip fillets in bread crumbs ...cook in peanut or grape seed oil until golden brown...god i'm starting to drool

Having done water sampling with the State Polution Control, the Georges is a lot cleaner today than 30 years ago, you see there are no tips or industrial run off compared to yester year... Any way I've never stopped eating fish from the river and it has not effected me..hasn't every one got six fingers

Roscoe

Hi Nitefr8

Shame about Wed, but fantastic results for Thurs! The wind can be a real pain - we are having fairly strong winds up here just now. Mucks your line up a bit. You don't always want to admit defeat, but sometimes you win, sometimes the blackies win!

Had a short fish at Nambucca & Yamba whilst travelling to & from Qld last week - only caught an occie! I had high hopes of getting into blackies - not to be! :(

Ne'er mind, always another time to give it a go!

Cheers

Roberta

Hi Roberta

Probably a bit late for the Blackfish at Yamba at this time of year , July to early August around there , i will be up at Yamba at the end of the month chasing the big lizards up in the lake and around the wall on softies trying to beat the pb [94] .

Unusual that you didnt get any blacfish at Nambucca though that place crawls with them according to the relations that live there .

better luck next time .

cheers Mark