New Boat

slothe

G'day TAG,

Welcome to the site! The boat looks sensatinal your a lucky man.....

I'm looking at buying something very similar, do you mind if I ask if it's new of 2nd hand? What sort of price are you looking at? And if you've had a chance, how does the ETEC go mate? Would be really interested in your replies. Thanks.............

Dave

G'day TAG,

Welcome to the site! The boat looks sensational your a lucky man.....

I'm looking at buying something very similar, do you mind if I ask if it's new of 2nd hand? What sort of price are you looking at? And if you've had a chance, how does the ETEC go mate? Would be really interested in your replies. Thanks.............

Dave

Its my boat, it cost a bit of money that was well earned, Etec goes brilliant took on 2m chop not a prob at 25knts eh-ah :yahoo:

Picked up new boat today ,now to buy all the bits to put on her, and also name her

post-3420-1191655769_thumb.jpg

Beautiful boat there mate, so when are we going fishing together?

My brother and I are willing to share expenses and make the most of splendid bar crushing fishing.

Well done mate, excellent choice.

Marcel

Twin 1.

Its my boat, it cost a bit of money that was well earned, Etec goes brilliant took on 2m chop not a prob at 25knts eh-ah :yahoo:

G'day Red,

Didn't mean to be rude asking about the price mate sorry, my mistake. She is a beauty, I've been looking around for much the same thing and in the end tossing up between this and another brand. Still not sure on motor choice, either the etec or suzuki 4s, both have many merits, that's why I was asking. Enjoy it I'm sure you've earnt it........

Dave

Sweet rig mate, get those first less exciting hours out of the way and service her fast so you can have fun with her as quickly as possible :1prop:

IFS

Thats one of the great things about the Etec IFS , no run in !! Get right into it from the first minute!! Next full service is 300 hours away !! :074:

Ross

Thats one of the great things about the Etec IFS , no run in !! Get right into it from the first minute!! Next full service is 300 hours away !! :074:

Ross

Ross,

How does the price of servicing and the addition of oil to fuel stack up against service costs for a similar size 4s? How long does it take 'the average' boat user to chalk up 300 hrs I wonder? So many options so many questions! It's fantastic that manufacturers are making some great new motors but it does your head in making a decision between them all. Thanks...

Dave

G'day Dave ,

I have about 70 hours up on my 75 HP , and it has used about 2.4 litres of oil. A full service is in the region of about $300 , that is the first major service at 300 hours.* I would think that the average owner would do about 100 hours per year , some would do more , some less.

Im not 100% certain on servicing schedules for the fours , but I would think that it would be every 100 hours. Cost would be $300-$400 . 4 strokes require an oil and filter change , I would expect this is what adds to the cost .

* BRP recommend that every 12 months that you replace the fuel filter ($20) , and grease the prop spline and steering ($10?).

Ross

G'day Dave ,

I have about 70 hours up on my 75 HP , and it has used about 2.4 litres of oil. A full service is in the region of about $300 , that is the first major service at 300 hours.* I would think that the average owner would do about 100 hours per year , some would do more , some less.

Im not 100% certain on servicing schedules for the fours , but I would think that it would be every 100 hours. Cost would be $300-$400 . 4 strokes require an oil and filter change , I would expect this is what adds to the cost .

* BRP recommend that every 12 months that you replace the fuel filter ($20) , and grease the prop spline and steering ($10?).

Ross

Thanks Ross,

That's stuff all oil when I think of what I was using in my '95 75hp Merc! No comparison, things have really come a long way. I've found it a really difficult choice between the two, especially when you speak to a few different people in the marine industry and they all have a different oppinion. That's what makes it interesting I guess. Thanks for your input it's appreciated......

Dave