#1 Son Into The Snapper !

Flightmanager

G'day Raiders ,

#1 Son had a good weekend on the Snapper , caught a nice one at Long Reef on Saturday aboard Fishfinder , then when we went into the harbour yesterday , he caught this nice model at Watsons Bay !

post-2063-1191797792_thumb.jpg

post-2063-1191797878_thumb.jpg

Here are two of the fish he caught in Saturday , PB Morwong as well !!

post-2063-1191797918_thumb.jpg

We also found a school of large Yakkas , the smallest of which was 32CM ! :thumbup::thumbup: Great fun on light gear !!

Ross

G'day Raiders ,

#1 Son had a good weekend on the Snapper , caught a nice one at Long Reef on Saturday aboard Fishfinder , then when we went into the harbour yesterday , he caught this nice model at Watsons Bay !

post-2063-1191797792_thumb.jpg

post-2063-1191797878_thumb.jpg

Here are two of the fish he caught in Saturday , PB Morwong as well !!

post-2063-1191797918_thumb.jpg

We also found a school of large Yakkas , the smallest of which was 32CM ! :thumbup::thumbup: Great fun on light gear !!

Ross

wow flightmanager when i saw watsons bay i had to post a reply... ive gone fishing there too many times for nothing but eel!!!

was the snappo caught off the jetty?? or were you in a rubber ducky in watsons bay?? and also got any tips for me when i fish there??? my brother says he hooked something big off the jetty once but lost it....

thanks dude

Might have to call him "Brett The Red" from now on Ross.

Pete.

No Pete, he is still the Paris Hilton of fishermen, however whats with the gloves? We're not going a bit Michael Jackson are we???????.............. oh, thats right, he wore one glove!

Nice fish Brett....errr.....Paris :thumbup:

Cheers,

Stumpy :1prop:

Well done Brett on scoring a nice Reddie on your favourite overhead gear and a plastic :thumbup:

Your fishing skills are certainly going from strength to strength :yahoo:

Cheers Stewy.

Btw did you score the mowie on a plastic as well ???

hey guys

oh what a top weekend, saturday on fishfinder getting onto a PB mowie it was on bait but its only a matter of time till a bigger one has a gulp in his mouth and a temporary PB snapper on bait but on sunday we decided to hit harbour and i only fish plastics in our boat second cast on a new moring in watsons bay something jumped up and made me tighten the drag twice ( no zzzzzzzzzz on the baitcasters) and then after a good fight on 6lb fireline up comes the new PB snapper at 38cm. :thumbup::yahoo::yahoo:

And to danilo, in watsons bay i get good results on soft plastics tied up to a moring casting 360 degrees always get flatties between 30-65cm medium flounder, bream. tailor and even the odd trevally my dad fishs bait casting and retrieving and he gets the same thing just more pinkies thrown in between.

till next time

brett

hey guys

oh what a top weekend, saturday on fishfinder getting onto a PB mowie it was on bait but its only a matter of time till a bigger one has a gulp in his mouth and a temporary PB snapper on bait but on sunday we decided to hit harbour and i only fish plastics in our boat second cast on a new moring in watsons bay something jumped up and made me tighten the drag twice ( no zzzzzzzzzz on the baitcasters) and then after a good fight on 6lb fireline up comes the new PB snapper at 38cm. :thumbup::yahoo::yahoo:

And to danilo, in watsons bay i get good results on soft plastics tied up to a moring casting 360 degrees always get flatties between 30-65cm medium flounder, bream. tailor and even the odd trevally my dad fishs bait casting and retrieving and he gets the same thing just more pinkies thrown in between.

till next time

brett

ahhh i see mate but what would you recommend me fishing off the watsons bay jetty??? or maybe the camp cove spot... i have been recommended to throw a ganged pilchard and just retrieve it... should i do that with some soft plastics?? if so what kinda SP's you reckon???

thanks dude

ahhh i see mate but what would you recommend me fishing off the watsons bay jetty??? or maybe the camp cove spot... i have been recommended to throw a ganged pilchard and just retrieve it... should i do that with some soft plastics?? if so what kinda SP's you reckon???

thanks dude

i dont think the idea with the pilchard will work very well... maybe a few tailor every now and then but I rekon the fish would be few and far between. try some gulp 4in minnows or 3in grubs in pumpkinseed or watermelon and just fan your casts out around the jetty. Use a heavy enough jighead to get the lure to the bottom and slow lifts all the way back to you should guarantee some flatties mate. they are an extremely easy fish to catch on lure!

Hey B Bouble you,

good to see ya out doing the old man, (not that it's hard to do) Oh soo sorry Rossco!!

PB and all eh, well good on ya, full on !!

Maybe this week end might be my turn, cause On Fri and Sat, I'm rostered on.... BUT.

What with this nasty virus going round (43rd B'day virurs) I just might have to put the hobbitt launch in.

Yes Ross, I AM TAKING A SICKIE, wwoooo-hhoooo!!!!!

Well done Brett.

Rod.

Hey Brett,

You should talk Ross into hitting Middle Harbour when it fires up a bit.

Bounce some soft plastics along the bottom for big flatties. You will need some weight as some of the holes are very deep. Deepest one i have found is 100ft. Biggest flattie caught there was 88cm. Dropped a bigger one at the side of the boat last year.

Jewies are in MH ATM and must be possible on Plastics.

Cheers Mate.