Port Macquarie Bream Classic

gerg

Heading up to Port Macquarie in a few weeks for the Bream Classic. Anyone raiders fishing it? Looks like a huge field - 71 boats entered so far...

cheers, Greg

Edited by gerg

Heading up to Port Macquarie in a few weeks for the Bream Classic. Anyone raiders fishing it? Looks like a huge field - 71 boats entered so far...

cheers, Greg

Looks like a very big event, .....good luck to you and luke.

Looks like a very big event, .....good luck to you and luke.

Thanks Billy, we're looking forward to it. Just hope we can find some fish...

Cheers, Greg

hope the bream fishing picks up a bit in the river here then as the last two weekends, i have only managed a few undersize bream

so i hope you do a bit better than me or your not going to do real well

Rockyjack, did you get out this weekend? were the results any better?

yeh,

We fished limeburners, had a later start than usaual at around 0830 and fished until 1230 for a few flatties of which only one was legal, half a dozen little bream (rangeing from about 100mm to 240mm) and a 300mm flounder.

could only get one hit on the lures with a fat 300mm flattie hitting a 3" smelt gulp alive, he rest too nippers or whitebait.

had a chat to a few blokes at the ramp and apprantly we wern't the only one to catch crap.

Then on sunday went out for a snokel on shellies beach and there seams to be a heap of 300 to 350mm whiting and 300+mm bream still to make there way into the river.

i can only hope the river starts to pick up

yeh,

We fished limeburners, had a later start than usaual at around 0830 and fished until 1230 for a few flatties of which only one was legal, half a dozen little bream (rangeing from about 100mm to 240mm) and a 300mm flounder.

could only get one hit on the lures with a fat 300mm flattie hitting a 3" smelt gulp alive, he rest too nippers or whitebait.

had a chat to a few blokes at the ramp and apprantly we wern't the only one to catch crap.

Then on sunday went out for a snokel on shellies beach and there seams to be a heap of 300 to 350mm whiting and 300+mm bream still to make there way into the river.

i can only hope the river starts to pick up

not sounding promising. and add 70 odd boats into the equation...

Cheers, Greg