Introduceing Myself

Guest Pocus

Hi i'm new to this forum. i was recomended by a friend, i'm a pretty hardcore fisherman. Your club's forums look really interesting and i am looking forward to getting to know some of you guys and joining in some of the activities and going out on some of the fishing trips.

Hi i'm new to this forum. i was recomended by a friend, i'm a pretty hardcore fisherman. Your club's forums look really interesting and i am looking forward to getting to know some of you guys and joining in some of the activities and going out on some of the fishing trips.

:1welcomeani::1welcomeani: welcome to the site mate hopefully you can weave some hocus pocus and produce many a fish.

tight lines

tWIN 1 MARCEL

Thanks guys for making me feel so welcome :thumbup: . this is a great forum. I find it awesome & very informative. But most of all, I'm looking forward to making some friendships & finding some fishing partners :beersmile: .

Hope I put up some great posts regarding my fishing adventures - :1fishing1: .

I'm not much for posting spam, I mainly just post when I find something of interest or very informative or perhaps something that might interest somebody else.

Thanks guys for making me feel so welcome :thumbup: . this is a great forum. I find it awesome & very informative. But most of all, I'm looking forward to making some friendships & finding some fishing partners :beersmile: .

Hope I put up some great posts regarding my fishing adventures - :1fishing1: .

I'm not much for posting spam, I mainly just post when I find something of interest or very informative or perhaps something that might interest somebody else.

Welcome and thank you for joining us pocus.

You have come to the best fishing site around. Look forward to reading your posts. Its not all about who gets the biggest and most fish here. Everyone is welcome to make any contribution.

Cheers mrsswordfisherman

:1welcomeani: Pocus ,

Im sure you will have a great time here , do you fish LB , or have a boat? Prefer lures , SPS or bait?

Ross

Thanks for the welcome.

Firstly a bit about myself. My interest in fishing began when my grandfather took me with him when I was about 5 years old. We went quite often, but when he died, I never went until I arrived into Australia in 1975. My mum joined some fishing clubs, but I never went with her because as a teenager I had other interestes, such as chasing girls, partying etc.

It wasn't until after I married, that my wife, my son & myself started going out on family holidays, usually locations to the beach/lakes etc. that my fishing interest revived.

Approx 6 years ago, we started going to The Entrance in NSW every year, & this is when I started enjoying Estuary fishing. I really seem to have the nack for it & am familiar with the area & the fish & how target certain species of fish. I would leave the unit at approx 7.00pm & not return until approx 6.00am the next morning. This would go on for the whole 2 weeks that we were there. My wife would do her thing & She was very understanding & didn't mind me getting all the fishing out of my blood. This went on for approx 2 years, until I got my Canadian canoe :yahoo: , which I cherish, have a lot of fun with & modified it to suit my fishing needs. It's 4.2m long & seats 2 people comfortably. This helped me to catch even more fish than I did before. The amount of fish I brough back home to Sydney, would last my family approx 3 months.

Every day, I used to bring about 4-5 Bream, 2-3 Flatheads, 5-6 Large Sand Whiting & sometimes even half a bucket of fresh prawns. I really have a ball drinking my Bourbon & fishing all night. I also like to fish at places like the Hawkesbury River, & around Patonga. I also fish when I'm in Sydney as I live next to the Georges River, especially between Como Bridge & Tom Ugly's Bridge.

I have purchased a couple of good fishing books & some DVDs for around my area as I enjoy drifting whilst fishing & taking it easy. I've never been deep fishing, eventhough I would like to try. I don't really like beach fishing as much as I like Estuary fishing, as I find it a bit uncomfortable & cold at times. I'm more of a lazy fisherman where I can drift along.

I started getting into soft plastic fishing & learning about it approx 2 years ago, at The Entrance. The first fish I caught using them were Flathead. This encouraged me to keep trying. I really have a long way to learn about using plastics, hence, the reason for me using this forum. Hopefully I'll get to go out with some of you guys who know more about plastics as I find it a very interesting & challenging & competitive way of fishing. It's not just about throwing the plastic & retrieving, as most poeple would tend to think. I was more of a bait fisherman, but am starting to convert to plastics.

About 6-7 months ago, I bought a small fibreglass 3.5m runabout with a 18hp old Mercury engine, which needed a lot of repairs. I didn't mind putting the time into it as it's my next step up. I've taken it out a few times & have also taken it to Nelson Bay a couple of weeks ago for 1 week. I also took it to Lemon Tree Passage & Tea Gardens & all around that area. I'm still getting familiar with the boat.

By the way, I'm 43 years old & have a 19 year old son.

Anway, enough about me. So, who wants to go fishing with me??? Or take me out deep sea fishing?