Nepean River

Guest rzep

After looking at the weather forcast for this morning I was unsure if I would go for a fish this morning but since I knew that Wasting Time (Roy) was keen we decided that we would meet at the ramp at 05:00am and make a descision then about wether or not we would have a fish.

After a quick stop to get fuel on the way I get to the ramp just on 5:00 and Roy was there ready and waiting.

The forcasted wind did not apear to be all that bad so we quickly got the boat in and were heading up through the narrows.

We headed to the same part of the river that Roy had luck with the other day and proceded to work our lures down the river.

After a little while I got a hit and quickly landed the first fish on the new boat.

After a quick photo it was quickly released.

It was only a small one, around 20cm, but at least the boat was no longer a virgin. :yahoo:

post-963-1192240693_thumb.jpg

We tried a few differant locations but unfortunatley this was to be the only fish landed. :(

We were back at the ramp by 8:00am and off to home.

I don't know why it was so slow this morning it could of been because of the wind or the lower water temp (19.5 degrees)

Or maybe just our fishing ability?? :074:

Anyway I might take the boat for another run this afternoon as I am still running the motor in. :biggrin2:

Guest MRS WATTO

Well done Boys

Great report Paul, Congrats on catching 1st and only fish on your new boat.

Thanks for waiting I was at the ramp at 5.30am but you guys had already left :(:(

Let me know if you go this afternoon

Thanks for waiting I was at the ramp at 5.30am but you guys had already left :(:(

You snooze you loose :074::074::074:

We will let you know.

so that's your excuse your running the motor in

It sure is Johnno :biggrin2:

and I am sticking by that excuse :074:

QUOTE PAUL RZEP "I don't know why it was so slow this morning it could of been because of the wind or the lower water temp (19.5 degrees)

Or maybe just our fishing ability??"

................................................................................................................................................

Hi Paul. It's definately not a matter of fishing ability by any means, but it's these ongoing southerly cold fronts that quiten fish activity .... At least you got to run the new boat on the water and you did manage to get a bass.....The barometer showed 1005 mb, almost a shutdown low, only yesterday evening, which usually requires a twelve hour period to best recover after a southerly low front moves away....... Although the pressure began to rise, the southerly persisted and overruled a good pressure rise and good fishing.

Did you notice the good reports in Middle Harbour during the week when the southerly changed to North Easterly and Easterly ?...... Fishing always improves when the wind changes to north eastly and easterly from a southerly......Bass have more resilience than other species that shutdown in southerly conditions and more so after returning from winter hibernation..... It is a fact that freshwater fishing is a waste of time when the barometric reading drops into a low below say 1002 mb and it was only 1005 mb in early evening yesterday and the southerly was persisting as it is today....Tomorrow will be different kettle of fish and there should be some good fishing if the wind direction goes away from the south as forecast and changes to north east.....An ongoing southerly influence always affects good fishing, although Bass results may vary a little in warmer water areas, and freshwater and saltwater eels are among the species seem to thrive in cold shutdown conditions for other fish.

Look forward to some good fish next time Paul, and fish eventually meet their opposite number, good fishermen..

jewgaffer :1fishing1:

Edited by jewgaffer

hey buddy hows the tinny going? :thumbup:

Yeah the tinnie is going great.

I got rid of the motor that was on it when I bought it off you and bought another one and I have sold the trailer to a member on Fish Raider as I had no need for it.

I had the tinnie out last week when I was down at 7 Mile beach camping. It is just what I was after. :thumbup:

Guest MRS WATTO

Mr and Mrs Rzep and Watto are down the Nepean River at the moment.

They Left at 4pm and I havent heard anything yet.

Mrs Rzep you go girl and hope you outfished the boys

hi rzep, i thought that might have been you we waved to about 5.30 just

past the narrows, (all bard up and myself) .in the little punt.

I was keeping my eye out for you and I wasn't sure if that was you or not.

I will be sure to say G'day next time :biggrin2: