Use Good Oil For Your Boat

netic

Hey guys thought i would put up this post to assist a few members.

I have a 2001 Model Stessco that has a 70hp Oil Injected 2stroke Yamaha on it.

Always serviced each year and in relative perfect condition.

I have always purchased my 2 stroke oil from places like Supercheap and normally grab the castrol stuff for around $30.

My motor has always blown a touch of smoke and me and Sal always passed it off as something 2 strokes do.

Anyways a while ago i read a thread by huey saying the XD-100(Etec Stuff) oil was much better and it would reduce my smoke and make the motor run better but it was double the price.

After thinking about it i decided to give it a go as i was low on oil anyway.......

Huey sent it out to me by courier and advised me to drain all the old oil.....so i did.....

The results are after testing it a few weeks ago that my motor now blows Zero smoke, and is heaps more fuel effiecent.......And it also seems to run much smoother.....

I never would have thought Oil would make such a difference...

So i advise everyone to use quality Oil not the cheap stuff as it does have an effect on your outboard

Edited by netic

I thought about it also as i am out of my last amount of oil

Thats alright Johnno,

With the amount of use your boat gets a bottle of the good stuff will last you forever.

As the old saying goes "Oils aint Oils" and this is what most people report to us when they switch to XD-100. The only problem is the price, but if i had a carby oil injected engine above about 40HP and I wanted to run the best oil it would be this stuff. I am waiting on a 220 Litre drum to come in from the states for us and then I will be able to offer refils at about $50 a go.

I use XD-100 in my 225HP HO Evinrude with great results except I can not half the oil as you can with the newer E-TEC. I need to save my pennies and upgrade to the new 250HP HO E-TEC I will be running tomorrow up at CLUB E-TEC.

Thanks for posting your results Netic and passing on a good tip to other Raiders.

Huey.

The results are after testing it a few weeks ago that my motor now blows Zero smoke, and is heaps more fuel effiecent.......And it also seems to run much smoother.....

hi netic,

just wondering, is it blowing zero smoke even on a cold start?

As the old saying goes "Oils aint Oils" and this is what most people report to us when they switch to XD-100. The only problem is the price, but if i had a carby oil injected engine above about 40HP and I wanted to run the best oil it would be this stuff. I am waiting on a 220 Litre drum to come in from the states for us and then I will be able to offer refils at about $50 a go.

I use XD-100 in my 225HP HO Evinrude with great results except I can not half the oil as you can with the newer E-TEC. I need to save my pennies and upgrade to the new 250HP HO E-TEC I will be running tomorrow up at CLUB E-TEC.

Thanks for posting your results Netic and passing on a good tip to other Raiders.

Huey.

sounds an alright price huey, can you give me a pm when it comes in please i woun't mind getting some of that oil of you

Hi Guys, with pre-mix engines I would use XD-50-semi sythetic and it still will burn cleaner than most other brands, especially service station brands. When we get the drum in I will post it and bring your gallon bottle in and we can fill with XD-100 for $50.

Cheers,

Huey.

Good Mornming Huntman, 40HP what? If it is an oil injected engine than yes if you are willing to pay for the best than use XD-100. If not the second best oil will be XD-50. The fuel economy may imprive, but the big benefit of XD-100 is lack of smoke and the better lubrication it has for your internal components.

Regards,

Huey.

Hi Guys, with pre-mix engines I would use XD-50-semi sythetic and it still will burn cleaner than most other brands, especially service station brands. When we get the drum in I will post it and bring your gallon bottle in and we can fill with XD-100 for $50.

Cheers,

Huey.

Hi Huey,

How much is XD-50 and where can you get it from local to Neutral Bay?

Or where abouts are you based?

cheers

Dan

Hi Dan, XD-50 is $50 a bottle and we would be your closest dealer. We are about 30 minutes north of where you are at Cowan. When I lived in North Sydney on a good run I could be home in 35 minutes.

Cheers,

Huey.